Old broad from Canada.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fysty-1

Hey there all. I was just welcoming another newbie when I realized although I have 4 post, I have not yet introduced myself. I am a 67 year young broad from just south of Vancouver, B.C. I have been a DIY'er most all my life but age has caught up with me & I am now unable to do most of the things I used to do as I have severe arthritis & if that weren't enough I now have 5 ruptured discs in my lumbar as well as one in my cervical spine. Also most of the disc in my neck are degenerative. I came here to ask a question which some of your fine members have answered (Thank-you). I am an avid biker & just recently had to sell my beloved classic Goldwing trike. In the late 60's thro' the 70's I was a drummer in a country rock band then into trucking & finally 15 years as a security guard. I am now retired due to my back. But that gives me more time to listen to my Rockabilly & Blues. Also am a car/truck fanatic but never had the where with all to build a rod. Oh well I'm not too old yet if I could just win a lottery. lol:D Cheers to all Angela:cool::):)

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, fysty. Old is a state of mind. As they said in the 80's, keep on truckin'.
We are all DIYers too, so you are in good company.
Rusty is a flooring installer, and he does woodwork too.
Darol is a flooring installer and a fisherman like none other.
Nick is a flooring installer, flooring inspector, and knows computers inside and out.
Ernesto is a flooring installer and lives in AZ..................... so I guess that makes him "hot" :rolleyes:
Jon is a flooring installer and he also talks funny.
Daris is a flooring installer too. He fought in the battle of Gettysburg, so he's pretty good with history stuff. :D
Put yur feet up and enjoy the ride.;)

Last edited:
Welcome to the site Angela!
All the Installers here are the cream of the crop . I don't know about Hi though . :D
He is the mad scientist of the group inventing tools. :D

Last edited:
Welcome aboard, fysty. Old is a state of mind. As they said in the 80's, keep on truckin'.
We are all DIYers too, so you are in good company.
Rusty is a flooring installer, and he does woodwork too.
Darol is a flooring installer and a fisherman like none other.
Nick is a flooring installer, flooring inspector, and knows computers inside and out.
Ernesto is a flooring installer and lives in AZ..................... so I guess that makes him "hot" :rolleyes:
Jon is a flooring installer and he also talks funny.
Daris is a flooring installer too. He fought in the battle of Gettysburg, so he's pretty good with history stuff. :D
Put yur feet up and enjoy the ride.;)

I sure do like this forum. What a great bunch of guys. As for being old, you are right it is a state of mine & I am still young @ 67 but I have now surpassed my family history of age. Even my kid brother pasted @ age 54. Whether I live another year or another 40, \I will live my AA standards & live for one day @ a time. I love life.:)

I got a PM from Austin but was unable to respond but I feel that his message was very nice & want to reply so I will C&P my reply here. thanks to all.
Austin you know what you wrote. Thanks so much Austin, but I am very familiar with how forums work. I am on about 20 & moderator on 2. I greatly appreciate you offer of help & I just may have to ask but for now I am hoping that due to the fack that some of your caring flooring guru's have been so helpful to me that I may be able to help others with all kinds of DIY assistance. Cheers Angela:)

Latest posts

Back