Old cars

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
What old cars have you owned that you wish you still had? For me...46 Dodge PU, 49 Ford sedan, 53 Ford coupe, 55 mercury, 56 Crown Victoria, 59 Buick ragtop, 60 Falcon, 62 Ranchero (with a Sprint interior) 69 GTX (440), 70 Chevy PU

I'm a little younger than you two.😜
I had a pretty nice 79' Z28
Four speed hurst shifter, headers with sonic turbo mufflers and a fair bit of motor work done to it . Lots of fun!View attachment 5223
BE Be nice to have that back with just 20,000 miles on it. ;)
I never bought many cars. My first was a 66 Chevy stepside with a 327. I added a cam, an Edelbrock Scorpion manifold (mistake), a 650 Holly double pumper and some Eagle headers. Later, I added a Muncie 4 speed tranny and a 305 V8 that only had 60 miles on it................ Power dropped considerably, but it didn't consume oil anymore. Note to self............... power over rules "smokey". :rolleyes: Be fun to have that back if I had a shop to work on it.

1957 Chevy 2 door hard top (not post) windows in front and back went down, and there was no post at the door jams. Would really like to have it back. Modified 283, Hurst slap shifter. Could out run many muscle cars in block to block racing. The big block boys always thought spinning the tire meant you were really going when in fact you're just spinning your wheels.

Mike

1957 Chevy 2 door hard top (not post) windows in front and back went down, and there was no post at the door jams. Would really like to have it back. Modified 283, Hurst slap shifter. Could out run many muscle cars in block to block racing. The big block boys always thought spinning the tire meant you were really going when in fact you're just spinning your wheels.

Mike
We have an 1/8 mile track. I spun my tires through 2nd gear with under 300 ponys in my '73 Chevy stepside. I recall letting off the pedal and coasting through at 50 or so.
Top fuel with 9,000+ hp and they can get grip that don't slip........... No spin and 300+ mph ...................they freekin impressive me.

Latest posts

Back