old firefox transfer to flash

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
If I was able to configure my old Win XP PC (restore or total clean) is there a way to download Firefox onto a flash drive and then transfer that back to the PC? It would have to be version 45 or so. After that, Firefox won't work with XP.
I see that Firefox won't load onto my temporary PC (Vista), because Firefox won't provide or support the older versions. I wonder if Firefox is somehow obtainable for these outdated systems.

Last edited:
What I was asking was if it was downloadable. I tried to update the VISTA computer's Firefox and it wouldn't do it. Firefox says it's obsolete and not supported.

It is downloadable High .. Download the set up Exe file to your desk top - send it to your flash drive - put the drive in the machine you want FF - send it to the desk top and install..
I'm assuming the machine you want it on has no Browser on it ..

No, it's the confuzer that won't load up and get to the desktop page. This is the one I did a driver update on a few weeks ago. Been using this PC for quite a few yeas now. Being a hand me down, I don't have administrative privileges, so I can't get into safe mode. If I could do that, I could do a fresh install. Just weighing my options.
Confuzer is and XP pro made by Gigabyte. I think they only made confuzers for a couple of years. If I hit the right F key, A Gygabyte restore option comes up. I might need the Gygabyte disc from the previous owner. I have, what I believe is the original XP Pro cd for this confuzer.
Worst case scenario if the computer can't do internet efficiently, is to use it for my Photoshop stuff.

I get to safe mode and it requests a password. The password I use to log on to the confuzer does not work in safe mode. I was given the previous employees name and password when he gave me the confuzer. Confuzer was from an office. I assume the owner set permissions that require his administrator password so employees couldn't screw with the computers.

Latest posts

Back