On which wall do I begin the installation?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackie

Hello everyone. I am getting ready to install laminate in my master bedroom (Very rough floor plan attached). By the way, I forgot to indicate room directions on the floor plan (sorry). When you open the attachment you will notice one wall is very chopped up. I will be laying the laminate parallel with that wall. My problem is I haven’t a clue on which wall I should begin. Will someone please guide me.

Thank you,
jackie

Attachments

• Master Bedroom.pdf
    30 KB · Views: 249
Without seeing the room in person, I'd say along the 14 foot wall. Looks like the doorway is on the lower right and usually a person would walk into a room and walk down the lengths of the planks.
What's the product?

I can also see the planks running left to right depending on where windows are and where the bed will be located. It might be easier to install it that way but not by much.
Whichever wall you start on, don't just start that wall with a full plank. You might end up finishing up the opposite wall with the last piece being a skinny little 1/2" wide strip.
You need to do a little calculation when starting the first row so you know how wide the plank will be on the opposite wall....... the last row.
To make everything end up right, you may need to trim 1, 2, 3 or 4 inches off the starting row.

Without seeing the room in person, I'd say along the 14 foot wall. Looks like the doorway is on the lower right and usually a person would walk into a room and walk down the lengths of the planks.
What's the product?
Thank you for responding. The product is QuickStep Uniclic. There is laminate runs north/south in two other bedrooms, which is exactly opposite from your recommendation. Your recommendation to start on the 14’ wall is in agreement with the instructions, which say to install parallel to how the light enters the room. Are the two previously installed floors going to look like a mistake that only a New DIYer would make? I’m really kind of fretting over it.

Latest posts

Back