Ongoing Poly Bead/BB issues - help with drying

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely. I tend to believe the independents have less of an agenda or have less pressure to meet some sort of real or imaginary quota.

Describe to me what an independent inspector is in your eye? Pretty sure all of them are independent. Unless your talking about a rep as an inspector.

The best inspectors are ones who have years of hands on experience.

Ernesto said:
Describe to me what an independent inspector is in your eye? Pretty sure all of them are independent...

The best inspectors are ones who have years of hands on experience.

I think the best inspectors are the least biased. Independent meaning not dependent and autonomous. Working as a sub under a master contract is not independent IMO.

I think the best inspectors are the least biased. Independent meaning not dependent and autonomous. Working as a sub under a master contract is not independent IMO.

Where are these inspectors who work under contract? How do I get a contract and with whom?

Ernesto said:
Where are these inspectors who work under contract? How do I get a contract and with whom?

Did you talk to your inspector buddy in Phoenix? They claim to have 375 inspectors working for them.

Did you talk to your inspector buddy in Phoenix? They claim to have 375 inspectors working for them.

Are they under contract? I think I know who your talking about. I have not been asked, sort of not officially certified but I do posess a piece of paper saying I am a certified woven inspector. :cool:
Then also NWFA approved as one broker calls me since I did pass an NWFA approved exam. However you will not see my name on the NWFA list.

I'm going out on a hardwood inspection today for a major manufacturer through a broker. Am I a sub if I go through a broker? Am I legally under contract to the broker? I think not.

Ernesto said:
Am I a sub if I go through a broker?
The broker is the middleman so I would say you were.

Ernesto said:
Am I legally under contract to the broker? I think not.

Do you quote services, scope, price and terms on each and every inspection or do you simply have a blanket agreement?

Are they under contract? I think I know who your talking about. I have not been asked, sort of not officially certified but I do posess a piece of paper saying I am a certified woven inspector. :cool:
Then also NWFA approved as one broker calls me since I did pass an NWFA approved exam. However you will not see my name on the NWFA list.

I'm going out on a hardwood inspection today for a major manufacturer through a broker. Am I a sub if I go through a broker? Am I legally under contract to the broker? I think not.

Your name is not on the NWFA list because you don't keep sending them money .
You can that them for flooding the market with inspectors who don't know shit .

The broker is the middleman so I would say you were.

Do you quote services, scope, price and terms on each and every inspection or do you simply have a blanket agreement?

I am not exclusively doing inspections just for them, otherwise I might be an employee. lol That reminds me, I don't remember filling out a w-9.

Services, scope, price and terms are not always the same. Especially hardwood inspections, they vary wildly.

Thanks for the interest. I am always wondering how my colleagues perceive who is and isn't an independent or gunslinger

Your name is not on the NWFA list because you don't keep sending them money .
You can that them for flooding the market with inspectors who don't know shit .

"blame them" you mean?

I believe you could also blame the people excuting the exams as well. Although they do have a prerequisite of experience and one now also must have completed most if not all of their installation courses. Course all those "bad guys" are grandfathered in.

they are bought and paid for---aka the hired help---if you dont know who you work for---take a look at the check---we call that a clue

they are bought and paid for---aka the hired help---if you dont know who you work for---take a look at the check---we call that a clue

It does not matter who you work for or who is writing the check rug. It's all about the report. The report will cite industry standards and manufacturers installation requirements and whether or not they were executed properly. Along with facts and pictures backing up those facts.

You get no wriggle room from me.

Ernesto said:
It's all about the report. The report will cite industry standards and manufacturers installation requirements and whether or not they were executed properly...You get no wriggle room from me.

Not everything is cut and dry. Failure mechanisms can often be ambiguous, this is when judgement and bias come into play. Out of all the possible causes for failure which one will the inspector highlight and create an argument for?

For instance, in this post you highlight "installation requirements" and "wiggle room" which says to me you're out gunning for the installer. That's not uncommon for installer/inspectors. They either have a soft spot or hard-on for installers. Rarely are they neutral.

Not everything is cut and dry. Failure mechanisms can often be ambiguous, this is when judgement and bias come into play. Out of all the possible causes for failure which one will the inspector highlight and create an argument for?

For instance, in this post you highlight "installation requirements" and "wiggle room" which says to me you're out gunning for the installer. That's not uncommon for installer/inspectors. They either have a soft spot or hard-on for installers. Rarely are they neutral.

Bias cannot be sent in a picture documenting the problem. The inspector may write a biased argument in his clients favor, but then thats what back-up inspections are for. Any client is able to hire their own biased inspector. lol

In this instance "wriggle room" was taken out of context, it was actually "no wriggle room" meaning "I got documented undeniable proof you F'd up" Or, it could mean the flooring was spec'ed wrong, as in a floating vinyl under a bath tub with claw feet. ;) Or the wood has a bond line failure with me showing my dental pic inserted under it.

After several hundreds of inspections I have only run into one where I did not know the cause, and thats exactly what I wrote in the conclusion. I call it like I see it, with undeniable proof backed up with facts, standards, and installation requirements. I call it on the man, consumers and installers alike.

Latest posts

Back