Opinion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dianne Feinstein Wants to Ban Commonly Owned Semi-Autos, Again!

"On Wednesday, Senator Dianne Feinstein introduced S. 2095, which she is calling the Assault Weapons Ban of 2017. The 125-page firearm prohibition fever dream is perhaps the most far-reaching gun ban ever introduced in Congress."

"Subject to an exception for “grandfathered” firearms, the bill would prohibit AR-15s and dozens of other semi-automatic rifles by name (as well as their “variants” or “altered facsimiles”), and any semi-automatic rifle that could accept a detachable magazine and be equipped with a pistol grip, an adjustable or detachable stock, or a barrel shroud. And that’s just a partial list. “Pistol grip” would be defined as “a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip,” meaning the ban could implicate even traditional stocks or grips specifically designed to comply with existing state “assault weapon” laws.

Needless to say, semi-automatic shotguns and handguns would get similar treatment.

Also banned would be any magazine with a capacity of greater than 10 rounds or even any magazine that could be “readily restored, changed, or converted to accept” more than 10 rounds."

"his bill is nothing more than a rehash of Feinstein’s failed experiment in banning “assault weapons” and magazines over 10 rounds. Except this time, Feinstein would like to go even further in restricting law-abiding Americans’ access to firearms and magazines that are commonly owned for lawful self-defense. "

This would also ban most hunting rifles.

Has Feinstein been in since before 2001? If so, I think she's the one who pissed off my father by pushing something to do with immigration because of some attached BS that had to do with going after WWII Nazis who escaped prosecution and he felt it was selling people out to get revenge on a few surviving Nazis and that it wasn't worth whatever the trade off was. Wish I could ask him the specifics on it.

Maxine

26992630_465968950466592_2390077792567160643_n.jpg

I've heard that most currency has small traces of cocaine and other drugs on it-- not sure if that's true or not though.

I honestly don't think there are a lot of $100 in this area. LOL. Most places refuse to accept anything larger than $50.
Saw a guy trying to buy a sandwich at McAllister's with a $100 bill. The clerk held it up to the light, stared at it for awhile, turned it around, and then said she had to go speak to her supervisor and left for like 5 minutes while the poor guy just stood there waiting and looking frustrated. I've seen some people mark the money with a pen or marker to "test" to see if it's fake or not. And I still remember an incident where a clerk at a deli actually called the cops and tried to have a customer arrested when he paid with a $100. She claimed it was fake. Turns out it was real, but it was when they changed the look of the currency. Customer was pretty pissed off about it all.

I honestly don't think there are a lot of $100 in this area. LOL. Most places refuse to accept anything larger than $50.
Saw a guy trying to buy a sandwich at McAllister's with a $100 bill. The clerk held it up to the light, stared at it for awhile, turned it around, and then said she had to go speak to her supervisor and left for like 5 minutes while the poor guy just stood there waiting and looking frustrated. I've seen some people mark the money with a pen or marker to "test" to see if it's fake or not. And I still remember an incident where a clerk at a deli actually called the cops and tried to have a customer arrested when he paid with a $100. She claimed it was fake. Turns out it was real, but it was when they changed the look of the currency. Customer was pretty pissed off about it all.

I read a while back that some of the fake money comes from N Korea and the pens don't work on those. They get the paper and ink from the same suppliers that we do.

Latest posts

Back