Out with the old, in with the new.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
So I'm demoing this old crap from HD that had the glue strip along the edge.
Its all separated and the obvious DIY'r didn't bother doing anything to the expansion joints so it sunk
Original building was for those huge motor homes, hence the porch like concrete pour.
Look at the water that came up through the joint due to the recent heavy rain.
20190318_100816.jpg
20190318_115430.jpg

20190318_111339.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you're doing it. I've never seen control joints that wide indoors outdoors in a garage, a sidewalk, a bridge, a street............... wassup with that?

It was a garage for a monster motor home. I thought of it when filling a gap around a pipe. Stuff gets pretty ridged but if the slab moves it will crush instead of pushing up the patch. Great for as semi ridged vinyl plank. Wouldn't want to glue hardwood or sheet vinyl over it.
And that particular joint had water coming up through it.
Foam that joint, let it rest for an hour and scrape it flat. Skim coat over it.
I kinda want to test it out with a gluedown.

Last edited:
It was a garage for a monster motor home. I thought of it when filling a gap around a pipe. Stuff gets pretty ridged but if the slab moves it will crush instead of pushing up the patch. Great for as semi ridged vinyl plank. Wouldn't want to glue hardwood or sheet vinyl over it.
And that particular joint had water coming up through it.
Foam that joint, let it rest for an hour and scrape it flat. Skim coat over it.
I kinda want to test it out with a gluedown.
The foam crushing instead of expanding............. I like that one. Never done gave that a thought.

That first shot was rather crappy and blurred. Sorry The shoe looks pretty good with that tall base. I usually pull the cheapo base p[eople use out here thats really door casing trim. But this one is too big and prolly glued an nailed.
The nice thing about vinyl plank is it don't move much at all so 1/2 in shoe is doable, no need for a huge gap.

Latest posts

Back