Padding under Allure

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darol Wester

Professional
Pro
Have a customer that was curious if I could put a thin pad under her Allure Ultra vinyl plank floor on cement. I said probably not. Is this do-able? Seems it would be an issue with the click joints.

Darol Wester said:
Have a customer that was curious if I could put a thin pad under her Allure Ultra vinyl plank floor on cement. I said probably not. Is this do-able? Seems it would be an issue with the click joints.

Why? Then again, why not.

i remember many years ago i had a customer insist that i looselay a vinyl in a kitchen over a glued down commercial carpet---we agreed that there would be no warranty on material or labor--this guy also wouldnt pay the twenty bucks to move the fridge---the moral of the story was that the floor was ruined by the time the tools got to the van

i remember many years ago i had a customer insist that i looselay a vinyl in a kitchen over a glued down commercial carpet---we agreed that there would be no warranty on material or labor--this guy also wouldnt pay the twenty bucks to move the fridge---the moral of the story was that the floor was ruined by the time the tools got to the van

I had a "carpenter" install underlayment over rubberback for me to install Designer Solarian over. He nailed it down with roofing nails. I got a waiver because the customer insisted. The roofing nails were coming up thru it before I left the house.

Got an allure inspection this Thursday. If my recollection os correct all they allow under it is 6 mil plastic. I love those inspections. So easy.

The difference between a pro and a hack is the word "NO!"

i could be wrong rusty but i think you just got called a hack---no wait --i just got called a hack----hacks of the world unite!

Well, I did what seemed to be the best and gave them the phone number of the folks at Allure and let them hash it over with them. It seems now that they're perfectly content with no padding under the floor. :) That was easy.:D

Thanks for the input.

Good, follow the latest install requirements and save them. They change them like I change my under wear, once a week.

I have a click vinyl plank from Berry/Alloc which they sell an LVT underlayment for from floor muffler. Its much denser than the laminate one they make but it floats over minor deviations in the subfloor so you dont see any protruding plywood seams or anything like that.

Buddy is simply considered a term to reference another individual with a common interest, in this case flooring. I sell nafco, and there's no floating floors as far as I know. Everything from nafco is a full spread. I'm looking at their spec sheet right now and everything requires adhesive. Maybe you're thinking of another company. No worries. It's all good happyhours.

Hey Ken, sorry about that, I took it the wrong way.

Nafco has a product called Transcends that is a floater. It's new and looks good but I've only installed 1 job and had to file a claim for scratches. I put a new post up, check it out as I'd love to see what everyone's thoughts are on it.

Latest posts

Back