Padding with Floating LVP?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melly

Do I need additional padding with floating LVP that already has padding? From what I have read here, it seems that you guys are saying that it will only cause problems, is that correct?
I have decided to go with floating LVP and my installer says to put extra padding. He is a professional installer and is suggesting it, but I can see how it might cause issues, and if it has it already, would I need it? His thinking is that it will feel better underfoot. But I don't want the issues of planks separating. Thank you for your input!

They have specific additional pad that is approved to be used with certain LVP’s, like Smartcore, but it’s so thin that I ask what’s the point besides boosting the price of the sale. Anything that is any thicker than a couple MM will just cause you headaches down the road anyway.

They have specific additional pad that is approved to be used with certain LVP’s, like Smartcore, but it’s so thin that I ask what’s the point besides boosting the price of the sale. Anything that is any thicker than a couple MM will just cause you headaches down the road anyway.
Thank you, C.J.
Can you please tell me, is floating LVP ok to use in a living room? My installer says he does that type of install 9 out of 10. But when I read reviews, I see problems; separating, scratches, etc. I am concerned. But it seems like so many people use it. I would really like your opinion.

Floating floors do have their limitations and they aren’t a good fit for every situation but for a residential setting you’ll be just fine. I’ve installed floating floors exclusively for the past several years in residential settings and haven’t had any problems. As long as your installer follows the instructions and knows what they’re doing you’ll be just fine. Just make sure to pick a decent product.

Floating floors do have their limitations and they aren’t a good fit for every situation but for a residential setting you’ll be just fine. I’ve installed floating floors exclusively for the past several years in residential settings and haven’t had any problems. As long as your installer follows the instructions and knows what they’re doing you’ll be just fine. Just make sure to pick a decent product.
Thanks again, C.J. That's great. I am planning on Armstrong. Are there other choices you could recommend?
Thanks again!!

Lost of good brands. Floorte, Coretec, any of the Mannington Audra line just to pop off 3 from the top of my head. Smartcore from Lowe’s and Lifeproof from HD are decent as well but then you have to deal with them so maybe I shouldn’t have even mentioned them.

Lost of good brands. Floorte, Coretec, any of the Mannington Audra line just to pop off 3 from the top of my head. Smartcore from Lowe’s and Lifeproof from HD are decent as well but then you have to deal with them so maybe I shouldn’t have even mentioned them.
Thanks C.J.! I really appreciate your input. Best to you!

Latest posts

Back