Paint sprayer for base and shoe

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Give me a brush… and I’m on no rush 😜
I've never done volumes of painted base. I'm thinking it would be good, quality wise, to put the paint on the material with an airless, then give it a quick back roll.
I've done that a couple of times with some polyurethane on stained wood and it works really well.
Using a roller or dipping a brush into paint and applying it is ridiculous compared with spraying on an even amount and then back rolling or back brushing. It's still slower than simply spraying it but it works the paint into the wood surface.
It's just a theory of mine and I'm full of them, full of it, .......whatever. 😉

Good news good news. This thing is the bees knees. Wish I woulda got one a few months ago.
3FC6595A-F742-4C64-BBB7-DDAEDE7D0DC3.jpeg

I was looking for C A glue. I looked online and couldn’t find it locally. I went into the Home Depot Saturday just to see if they might have some . I was talking to the guy in the tool department, he didn’t seem to know what I was talking about.
Just then, a customer says you want C A glue.
I said I know, I can’t find it anywhere. He said you have to order it online.
He said I have some in my truck, I’ll give you some.
The stuff is awesome.
I couldn’t believe the chances of running into this guy at that moment.
He was a contractor from New Jersey.
B36E1B78-C114-49AC-8372-73F6435F5D21.jpeg

CA glue is the bomb for getting perfect looking miters. I’m a fan of Stick Fast but I suppose they’re prolly all made in the same factory. Do you have a Rockler or a Woodcrafters near you? They always have that stuff in stock and they’re the only place I know that has the activator in stock. Play with it enough and you can fine tune what you like. You can get thin, medium, thick and flexible. Medium is what I like to use. Get you some spare tips too cus they do get boogerd up and clogged up.

image.jpg

I use the one I posted above and I really like it. It will tell you the angle and the miter. My buddy has the Bora miterix thingy cus he’s gotta try and one up me but it is a one angle at a time thing and ain’t worth a hill of beans if you are into making cut lists so you can actually make money hangin base in a timely fashion.

Last edited:
How is your coper tool workin out for you. Do you still use it on a regular basis? How easy is it to get more epoxy for making the mold profile when you run out? What’s your review of it? Is it worth it?

The thing is awesome. Well worth the money.
I just got some more smooth cast from Acme tools.
I was telling a carpenter about it and he said he can cope just as fast with a grinder with a flap disc. I doubt that. 🤷🏻‍♂️
46B17EC9-7DD1-4251-8E26-365E26D67836.jpeg
AD43347E-BB5E-4D7D-B1BB-84C59EDFE59F.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll wear a carpenters hat, a plumbers hat, an electricians hat, etc...
No friggin way I'm putting on the painter's hat! Not going down that rabbit hole. We stock white primed q round and 4" colonial. 90% of the time that's the way it stays, white. On the occasion a customer wants it painted, they pick it up before install date or I'll drop it off if it's on my way somewhere and they can paint before I install.

I can just hear the BS now if I got into doing it. It that the right color? Is that flat, it's supposed to be semi gloss. This has a little smudge, yada yada. No thanks!

I'll wear a carpenters hat, a plumbers hat, an electricians hat, etc...
No friggin way I'm putting on the painter's hat! Not going down that rabbit hole. We stock white primed q round and 4" colonial. 90% of the time that's the way it stays, white. On the occasion a customer wants it painted, they pick it up before install date or I'll drop it off if it's on my way somewhere and they can paint before I install.

I can just hear the BS now if I got into doing it. It that the right color? Is that flat, it's supposed to be semi gloss. This has a little smudge, yada yada. No thanks!

Phoenix is the only place I’ve ever painted. That’s just how it is here. They also use corner pieces for bullnose sheet rock corners and the base is installed before the flooring goes in. WTF!!

I just had a customer tell me last week that they wanted 2 coats of paint on the base, after it was already hung, and I told them nope, you need to call the shop and hash that one out. As far as paint goes, the customer supplies it so that’s on them.

In the end it comes down to me not rockin the boat. In the big picture I make damn good money workin bout 6 hours a day and there ain’t too many places I’ll be able to pull that off so I paint. I also R/R toilets for $25 cus that’s also not a hill I want to die on. As my buddy told me years ago when I was complaining about something: ‘You need to shut up cus this is a cush gig’.

Sometimes folks miss the forest for the trees my man. There is a cash cow out there grazing, no need to stick it with the bulls horns over a few silly things. I'll pull your damn toilet for free if you are going to pay my a thousand dollars a day to put stupid plastic rectangles everywhere :)

Latest posts

Back