Patchy Polished concrete

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All
Doing my first polished concrete floor, there is a patchiness to it that I can live with but would rather lessen or eliminate.
I am pretty sure it is the grouting compound from Husqvarna that is left in there but it just does not want to grind out.
This is a sample area, well the walk in wardrobe and is finished to 3000 grit, it was hardened before polishing.
1587832958726.png

Just curious, but is the concrete sealed with anything currently? If not, you might try to see what happens when you warm up the floor, to rule out any moisture as the reason for the slightly darker patches in it. Again, a beautiful job regardless.

No there is no sealer or impregnator on the floor, I have uses a densifier and grout compound, I think it is the grout compound that remains. I am working on the rest of the floor to try and eliminate, with some success I will keep you posted.

One other thing. You probably don't have furniture in the rooms. Amazing what furniture does even if it doesn't cover up the parts that bother you.

One other thing. You probably don't have furniture in the rooms. Amazing what furniture does even if it doesn't cover up the parts that bother you, still a way to go as you can see.
Yes,
DJI_0039.JPG
you are correct of course, at the moment we do not have windows and doors never mind the furniture. I am sure it will be fine

I have to confess, I am really jealous. One day, I will visit that beautiful country. How is grape production there? I have had some great Portuguese wines!
Yes very lucky indeed, the whole country grows vines it is a national pastime as well as business. Where I live in a tiny village there are at least 10 people who make there own wine, more than enough for the entire village. But I live in a very rural area when I have the house finished I will plant my own vines.

Well, very glad to meet you. Maybe you should get busy, get the house done, the vineyards up and growing, and we will all come to your house for our annual convention? Do you have a private airport that the boss can fly his private jet into? He is kinda cheap, so when we borrow it, we need to bring our own bucket to sit on!

Well, very glad to meet you. Maybe you should get busy, get the house done, the vineyards up and growing, and we will all come to your house for our annual convention? Do you have a private airport that the boss can fly his private jet into? He is kinda cheap, so when we borrow it, we need to bring our own bucket to sit on!
LOl there are some local dromes to fly into, I am hoping to set up a small tourist area although we shall have to see after the pandemic.

In the end I have gone over the floor with 30 and 50 grit again all marks are out, just tidy up the edges and buff her up. Will keep you informed.

Latest posts

Back