PCKeeper

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarisMulkin

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Somewhere along the line I picked up PCKeeper. I don't know when or where but it keeps popping up and telling me I have over 800 problems and I don't remember how many critical issues there are. It even has an icon on the main screen. How do I get it to go away.

Daris

Somewhere along the line I picked up PCKeeper. I don't know when or where but it keeps popping up and telling me I have over 800 problems and I don't remember how many critical issues there are. It even has an icon on the main screen. How do I get it to go away.

Daris

Just guessing of what Nick would say is to go to the control panel then look for Add Remove look down until you find PCKeeper then click remove

If you shut down your computer and then restart in safe mode you can then go to control panel and uninstall the program. On the bottom right of the PC Cleaner 2012 "call us" popup a covered up uninstall button will be revealed. Click on that button and it goes away after actually completing the uninstall process. Restart in normal mode and it should be gone from your computer. Pretty slick - hidden uninstall button - probably legal but I bet people do call them. Good Luck. Using add & remove will leave a lot of embedded files left in the registry .

After you rid your confuser of it , Let's delete all restore points ,and create a new fresh one so you don't get reinfected .

First download OTL from Old timers .

https://www.google.com/url?q=http:/...ds-cse&usg=AFQjCNFU4-uy0uJDC8qP5FUC1bAsUympMw

Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following:

:OTL
:Commands
[purity]
[emptytemp]
[EMPTYFLASH]
[emptyjava]
[CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
[Reboot]

Let me know how you make out .

Last edited:

Latest posts