Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taken by a cousin.

53649999_10215782660272673_8662522674628526080_n.jpg

"Taken by a cousin" Wowza. That's a keeper.
We have had ice like that twice that I can remember. 1985, 1989, and probably in '72 or so. In '72, we drove up "the river" about 20 miles from town and even a small waterfall was frozen. We walked under a bridge and walked a couple hundred feet on the river. The ice was pretty deep on this 1/4 mile long section of slow flowing water.
Ha! High has walked on water! :D
The river at this point is about 6 to 10 feet deep and maybe 40 feet across. I've only seen it freeze once. Standing on the ice, 30 feet from the small "waterfall" or maybe rapids, the water formed a frozen porthole, or bubble of sorts............... a frozen bubble with an opening on the top side. Way cool. Like I said, maybe 1972.............. that was before Gore came up with global warming.
Wish someone had a camera. Neatest thing I ever saw here. I was in freshman in HS.
The ice for me is really neat but only because we get it occasionally.

"Taken by a cousin" Wowza. That's a keeper.
We have had ice like that twice that I can remember. 1985, 1989, and probably in '72 or so. In '72, we drove up "the river" about 20 miles from town and even a small waterfall was frozen. We walked under a bridge and walked a couple hundred feet on the river. The ice was pretty deep on this 1/4 mile long section of slow flowing water.
Ha! High has walked on water! :D
The river at this point is about 6 to 10 feet deep and maybe 40 feet across. I've only seen it freeze once. Standing on the ice, 30 feet from the small "waterfall" or maybe rapids, the water formed a frozen porthole, or bubble of sorts............... a frozen bubble with an opening on the top side. Way cool. Like I said, maybe 1972.............. that was before Gore came up with global warming.
Wish someone had a camera. Neatest thing I ever saw here. I was in freshman in HS.
The ice for me is really neat but only because we get it occasionally.
I walked across the Mississippi river years ago. There is a place In Minnesota where it is only a couple inches deep and a few feet across where it starts coming out of a lake.

Clean images look fuzzier on the website. Looks like the lens was set at 210 and at F5.6 and focused on the far side of the water. Geese on the far side are sharper.

A friend took the pics.
It was right down the road from me.
This is a Piebald deer. This coloring is very rare.
Less than 2% of the white tail deer population have this . Both the mother and father have to be piebalds to have a piebald fawn.

Latest posts

Back