Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just sunset

Rusty I like this one. That big old tree is really neat. I don't usually get a sunset shot unless the coast line is involved because of all the hills and mountains around here.
...and it's been a long time since we have seen a decent sunset over here. It's either rain or fog.
Hope ya don't mind, but I hit yours with some Photoshop. Not much, tho. I just tweaked the contrast a little and then hit it with a program I bought a few years ago called Neat Image. It filters stray pixels and can sharpen it up a little.
This ones a keeper.
Here's a before and after.......... but not in that order.

022 Sunset ps_filtered and original at 700.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I'm gonna try somethin.
Hee hee............. Not a mat or frame program, just a lowdown attempt at makin it look that way. (no charge, Rusty) :D

022 sunset matted.jpg

Last edited:
I sat there for an hour just trying to get the right picture and it still wasn't exactly what I wanted. I don't suppose anyone ever gets the exact picture they are seeking tho.
Sky pictures are my favorite because it is always changing.

I sat there for an hour just trying to get the right picture and it still wasn't exactly what I wanted. I don't suppose anyone ever gets the exact picture they are seeking tho.
Sky pictures are my favorite because it is always changing.
I always went camping by myself for just that reason. Making anyone else wait for my "right moment", would have been punishment for them.
I could sit for an hour just waiting for the fog to move or the sun to get in the right spot, or the wind to settle long enough for a 1/4 second long shot ....yet still, I always saw something in my photos that I wished I had done just a little bit different, a little bit better. ...........it ain't gonna happen. When you get a good photo, it's a good photo.
One more thing .......it's a good photo.;)

Me, circa 1980 ish, heading out for a cruze in my buddys plane down by the border.

Scan_Pic0001.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, but the darker one is closer to what I was looking for. :) And I didn't like it as much after I shot it.

When you shot it, the camera probably saw the darker version same as you did, but compensated and averaged out the light and dark tones making it just a little bit too light.
That's what I like about Photoshop. It's a darkroom where the average Joe can correct images to where you think it ought to be or should have been. ............or even put an elephants head on a donkey.:D

Latest posts

Back