Photography 2

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C213791B-26B7-423C-B228-C83BB840B6B0.jpeg

Grace Kelly, before she became a princess, some say she was the most beautiful of all actresses,

10966A37-7B47-4D81-A420-1D3EF5156B3E.jpeg
B80A95FE-55B4-4402-9015-64ED64729EDE.jpeg

Moulin Rouge 1920s again

Here's the only image like yours Rusty that I can recall taking. It's right up my ally to take old house and barn photos but for some reason I just never stopped to take them. Shame on me. :(
This old house is 75 miles away and I passed it every couple of years.
One day I made spur of the moment decision and decided to drive up there and take the photo. I set up on the other side of the roadway on the train tracks. The Siuslaw river is between me and the house. It was my only agenda that day. It was a cloudy and drizzly with no wind. Perfect for taking photos. I probably should have taken a roll or two of the place.
I made an enlargement and framed it for both my grandparents and my elderly landlord. I wrote on the back that the photo that it made me wonder about the good old days, the families that may have lived in the old house and how they lived.
Here's the original scan, the "corrected" or cleaned up version and a B/W version.

Attachments

• Mapleton house-04 base scan.jpg
    Mapleton house-04 base scan.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Mapleton house-04.psd color sat 600.jpg
    Mapleton house-04.psd color sat 600.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Mapleton house-04.psd color sat desat 600.jpg
    Mapleton house-04.psd color sat desat 600.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Nice Hi. When I see old buildings like that I wonder what if the walls could talk and the amount of history it could tell. I lived in a house that was built in the 1850's. In the remodeling process we found newspapers, clay smoking pipe in the ceiling that fell and the stem broke off. All kinds of thing even in the dirt in the crawl space, like jars and such. Alot of history in those old dilapidated buildings.

Latest posts

Back