Powernail Tacker

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Coffer

Now that I have three duo-fast tackers that don't work, I broke down and bought the powernail tacker. (patent pending) I smacks pretty hard and is a little short for my taste, but so far I like it.

Take that for what it's worth.

I have two duofast that work and a Crain that was never used.
My duo-fast works but it has one funny issue. Even though it's there is still spring tension against the staples, when it gets down to the last five or six staples, it was a staple up and I have to unjam it. It never does that when there's 15 or 20 or a full rack of staples only when it gets down to the last few.
The one thing I don't understand is the cord on the stapler. When I put it back in the box, I coil it clockwise. Because of doing this over the years it looks like an old coiled phone cord. I'm guessing they twist the wraps inside the cord in the opposite direction that I twisted. I've never had another cord behave this way.

I have two duofast that work and a Crain that was never used.
I had a crane stapler that lasted a long, a long time. My brother had a Duo fast and the crane was not nearly as powerful. The duo fast would shoot through vinyl cove cap metal but the crane wouldn't.
I started using the crane case for my Wagner hot air gun. Perfect size for that.
Does that make me a good person for reusing and recycling.... oops, I think the correct term is 'repurposing'
I'm feeling so good about myself right now. 😁

I have a pile of duofast carpet staplers.
All the installer's I know would rather toss the "broke" one and buy a new one.
Most of the time it's either the coil spring or the damn cord.

About 5 minutes to replace either.

I have had my personal stapler over 20 years. It literally only gets used on stairs/ tailoring.

The gun and run guys go through them like there's no tomorrow.

I have a pile of duofast carpet staplers.
All the installer's I know would rather toss the "broke" one and buy a new one.
Most of the time it's either the coil spring or the damn cord.

About 5 minutes to replace either.

I have had my personal stapler over 20 years. It literally only gets used on stairs/ tailoring.

The gun and run guys go through them like there's no tomorrow.
I'm glad you mentioned the damn cord.
......I thought it was just me. 🤧

Latest posts

Back