Pre-finished hardwood

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure does, almost more so seeing as the top is finished and less permeable.

I mean, "more so" is not really relevant as one is seeking equilibrium moisture content either way.

Until its within 2% of the subfloor. There isn't really a time allowance. Most literature says 72 hours but it is dependant on the variance in the conditions in the space it is stored and the space it is going to. A lot of wood I have installed right off my truck because the ambient humidity is the same as storage location and the subfloor and hardwood were within tolerance as the hardwood was reading EMC for that relative humidity. Other times I have waited as long as 3 weeks.

Just to make matters worse... measuring moisture in engineered is a crap schute at the best of times seeing as the composition of the core layers is inconsistent but hell, close is close. I have gone so far as to conduct bake tests to try and understand it better... to no avail

If all else fails, fake it and write something good down. Photoshop is a wonderful resource :)

Latest posts

Back