Prep for laminate- Hydronic Floor Heating

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thetaylord

I have a client looking to replace their carpet with cork backed laminate, and have found an area where the addition to their house has a squeky spot in the subfloor. Possibly from the instal of the water piped floor heating underneath.

Am wondering how to best go about securing this area/stopping the squeaks and levelling it without damaging the floor heating beneath. Looks like this section was nailed, and am hesitant to just start screwing it in for the sake of bursting a pipe.

Thanks for any advice,

Corey

IMG_2868.jpg

you can see where they nailed to the joist system, simply use decent 2" screws to firm up the attachment to the joists. If there are still squeaks its from delamination or movement between the layers of your sub-floor over what I am guessing is the router-ed runs of the in floor heat system. Screw off next to the nail runs will tighten it up, but is not guaranteed to eliminate the squeaks.

thanks fcfc,

I was thinking about prying the panel up to see exactly how they installed it (assumed routed channels or a concrete pour layer), and at least to know exactly where NOT to screw, or perhaps where to apply some adhesive.

My concern with following the nail pattern would be than any offset may be exactly what should not be done, but I've never had eyes on a hydronic install either.

Latest posts

Back