Pro Leveling System

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, all those leveling systems are expensive.

I was comparing them to the QEP one. I think I like this one better.

HD carries the qep ones and since i don't like to keep inventory i can get em in a pinch. They kill your hands though.

none of the systems mentioned above are worth your time and money.

twisting caps on the joints will open them in the thinset. your not really doing anything but holding the tile in place while it drys.

you might as well just use a medium bed thinset and not use them.

if your looking for a professional system then try the MLT or the Tuscan Leveling System. if your looking for cheap then these are your choice. they actually work. using a gun with downward force and the thinset mixed as stated makes for an easy system with perfect final results.

http://www.mltsystem.com/

http://www.tuscanleveling.com/

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Someone should design a leveling system that doubles as a spacer and fits in the intersection of three and four tiles.
thats not a good idea since you want 100% thinset on the corners so the tile wont chip with hollows from plastic.

also not good for natural stone where corners need support.

plus the spinning CAP can scratch soft natural stones. :eek:

cool built in spacer design though. :D

Last edited:
I like those Tavy spacers, they work well for me. Ive even used them on my LVT jobs. Although my tile guys dont use spacers at all. I really have no idea how they get it looking good that way but more power to them, lol.

I am curently working on some new construction and the tile guy is using them. He said that initially, he thought of them as expensive, but once he tried them, he realized how much they simplified his work, plus the obvious of making the corners perfect. He said that you need to make the thinset a tad on the thin side so that when you use em, the thinset would suck up a little and support the tiles. He back butters everything.

twisting caps on the joints will open them in the thinset. your not really doing anything but holding the tile in place while it drys.

you might as well just use a medium bed thinset and not use them.

Not sure what ceramictec is stating but, don't all systems lift the tile out of the setting mortar untill it dries anyway?
And medium bed mortar is not the end all system to leveling, which I use on all large format anyway.

Actual was 18. Feels like 6
To me it felt like 40 below with the strong winds .
Had to go inside and put on my Ski Bibs. :)

Latest posts

Back