Proper Tools for Install?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betrayd3

Hello all,
This is my first time posting here so please forgive me if this information has previously been covered.

I am planning to install Strand Woven Distressed Caramel 3/8 in. x 5-1/8 in. x 36 in. Length Click Engineered Bamboo Flooring on the first floor of my home. I will be doing a floating installation over Floor Muffler underlayment.

I'm a fairly accomplished DIY'er, but this will be my first experience with engineered hardwood flooring. I have watched many installation videos and read a lot on installations, but I have some questions about the best tools to do the job.

I have read many different suggestions about the best blades to use for a table saw and a miter saw. I definitely think that carbide blades will be best based on everything I have read and any blade 80 teeth or above. However, which brand and blade would work best with the stranded bamboo engineered flooring?

Also, I was planning on just sinking screws into the subfloor a half-inch from the wall instead of using spacers and removing them after installation. Does anyone recommend avoiding this strategy? What would be the best spacer to use instead? Wood shims?

Lastly, I don't own a table saw (was going to rent one) but I see it would cost about $160 to rent a Makita for a week from my local Home Depot. At that price, I was just considering buying a table saw. What are some recommendations on a table saw that would be good for this job?

Sorry for the long post, so to sum it up, here are my questions:

What are the best blades to get (decent price and last long) to use for stranded bamboo engineered flooring?

Can I just use screws instead of spacers and remove them later, or what are the best spacers?

If I buy a table saw, what would be a decent one for this job?

Any other tips, tricks, or recommendations?

Flooring Type: Stranded Bamboo Engineered Hardwood
Installation Type: Floating
Underlayment: Floor Muffler

Thank you,
Hardwood Flooring Newbie

Latest posts

Back