Question about scratches on flooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

intfxdx

Hi,

Does anybody know how to improve this floor?

I'm not sure what kind of flooring it is (engineered hardwood?), but it's got some scratches. Somebody had a nail stuck to the bottom of his shoe and this is the result.
It is limited to a small area, but I'm not sure how to make it better. Buffing? Crayons? No clue.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

general area:
20210110_092611.jpg

Close up:
20210110_092603.jpg

Likely will require a screen and recoat. The finish scratches white, so what scratches you see here are in the finish and not to bare wood. That's a good thing.

I don't do wood flooring for refinishing but I agree with Dan. It looks to be a lock together floor. If it is a lock together floor that's floating and not glued down, there may be specific recommendations for recoating these types of floors.
I'm not sure what product Dan means by screening the floor. If he means an abrasive pad, or an actual screen. I think the actual screens are similar to the ones used for sanding drywall mud. They look a little bit like the fabric on a screen door with some abrasive on it.

Do you have a scrap left over from the original installatiion? How thick is the top layer? I've seen some that have an extremely thin top surface and barely a 16th of an inch.

Latest posts

Back