Quote on Laminate

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kamorrow

Hi there, I am wondering what is a good quote for tearing out carpet, and replacing with click together laminate floor.
For a 1000 sq ft house, 3 bdroom, kitchen, dining room, living room and hallway.

Doing this for my cousin and dont want to ubder bid myself.
Any opinions will help.

Thank you!

Im in BC Canada lol
.........well that isn't makin' it any easier. 😁
Local Carpet One store is charging $1.50 per yard for disposal
I charge $2 per yard to remove carpet and pad, then take it to the Carpet One warehouse.
So that's $3.50 US, for removal and disposal.
You need to know disposal costs for your local area.
Now that's not including removing the tackstrip. When double nailed, that's a lot of additional work.
Depending on layout difficulties, $2 to $3 per sq foot to install?
Prep work like undercutting doorways, and most important I'd making the floor flat..... I mean flat to the tolerances required, ( not requested,) by the manufacturer. Getting the floor prep done and getting the floor flat can equal the time spent installing sometimes by the time you add in floor patch. You can't tell how flat a floor is until the carpet is removed.
Lots to ponder when a job is done properly.
How many transitions?
How many small unprofitable areas like bathrooms? Gotta to figure additional $$$ for a 5 by 8 bathroom because so much cutting and very few full planks.

Well to be honest that helps break down the details. Its really easy to not take these things into consideration when doing a job. Esspecially a last minute one where its very possible to underbid.
That helps a ton with understanding how to calculate everything.
Thank you highup!

Well to be honest that helps break down the details. Its really easy to not take these things into consideration when doing a job. Esspecially a last minute one where its very possible to underbid.
That helps a ton with understanding how to calculate everything.
Thank you highup!
When giving the quote, be sure to tell them about proper prep work to make the floor flat enough to meet the flooring manufacturer requirements.
Even if they might take a lower bid tell them to ask the other installer about proper prep work and insist that they do it correctly....... even if the don't use you, it tells them you care about your work....... that alone might get you the job.

Latest posts

Back