Recommended LVP for high traffic area on concrete sub floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lollyloopp

Looking for the best LVP that can withstand heavy for traffic. For a hallway. Needs to be waterproof as it is near a bathroom, the hot water heater, and laundry room which has flooded the area twice in my 20 years here. I've looked at several different brands and wondering if the thicker brands hold up better.
Also, is ISOCORE much better than one without?

Another thought I had is getting a waterproof stainproof carpet if such a thing exists. Would this hold up to water if another leak happened?
Thank you for all the advice here!

One thing to know about these waterproof products is at the product itself may be waterproof but if you have any kind of a flood or the water heater breaks the water will get underneath the floor. That's not a good thing. You just need to avoid having major flood.
Depending on the product in an individual room such as a laundry room or a bathroom that's not real big you can silicone around the perimeter and maybe put a t mold in in the doorway leading to the hallway. That could stop a minor flood from becoming a major issue.
If carpet gets wet and the water is clean water, the carpet might be able to be salvaged but the padding will become saturated and need to be replaced. The carpet will need to be dried out. It would need to be handled carefully while it's wet because walking on, folding and twisting wet carpet leads to a possibility of the backing coming loose in places. Not saying that will happen but it can happen.
I would prefer to let an insurance company worry about that because water is rarely a good thing in large amounts.

Cortec and shaw floorte pro are 2 of my favorite brands.

Thousands of sq ft installed with literally not one callback or issue!

Latest posts

Back