rehab shows

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Was at a friend's house and he was watching one called "Good Bones". They had about $400,000 in a house and installed laminate throughout. Crap flooring in a high dollar house? Why?

Depends on the laminate. Depends on the location too. In some places a $400,000 home is a beat up starter home on the wrong side of town. :D

I used to watch those rehab shows more often but I'd see them just destroying solid wood cabinets and throwing them out and wasting so much material that could have been recycled so it drives me batty & I have to turn it off. I saw one where they were putting laminate in the bathroom & I immediately changed the station. At least on one of the shows where laminate was in the bathroom, the guy came in and said "This is bad!" and told them they should replace it with something waterproof.

Where I live $400k would be a frickin' mansion but where my sister lives it's about the price of an average good home. Where most of my extended family live, it would be the cost of a tiny house in the ghetto.

As an aside, anyone watch shows where they rehab furniture or stuff thrown out on the curb? I like Junk Brothers (partially because they drive a Honda Ridgeline).

Latest posts

Back