robot recommendations

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffadil

Hey guys,

New user here.

First off, I'm not really a DIYer on home improvement projects, but I just got laminate floor installed and was looking for recommendations on which Roomba to buy for sweeping.

I wanted to get one that has the best suction power without the additional self emptying dock station.

Appreciate the input.

I don't have the roomba but an ILIFE. It does a good job both on carpet and hard surface.Runs about an hour and half. It is 2 years old and the battery sometimes dies before it is done and dies. Then the hunt is on. One thing it drives me carzy because where I want to be is where it want to be. I also have a couple of spots that it hangs up on and that makes me nuts. But in all in all it does a good job, wife and I are in our late 70's and it doesn't make me vacuum every day. We also have a dog that ssheds so there is a lot of hair in the container. If you get one there is a tool that cleans the brushes very well. It is a Taylor kicker cleaner. About $15 at a carpet supply house.

I currently have a Bob Sweep. I named it Monica because how well it sucks. I've had it for 2 years, and has been excellent for my Vinyl planks, throw rugs and bathrooms. It costs $229 and is offered as daily on line specials about once a week on HomeDepot.com.
Screenshot_20220527-104439_bObsweep.jpg

The drive wheels are rubber, but the single front guide wheel is hard plastic. I've had this running weekdays for the last 2 years, and doesn't miss a beat. However, once a week, it will hit a particular area of our bedroom dresser, and get snagged and stop.

Latest posts

Back