Sad

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Sad. Saw a woman today that I had not seen for a while. We did the usual, how are you doing etc. She wanted to know if I am still working. I told her, a little. Then she asked what I did for a living. I have worked for this woman at least 6 times through the years. I worked for two of her kids. Only thing I can figure, she must have dementia of some kind. Very sad, nice lady, probably only in her late 50s.

A 36 year old son dying could be the primary reason for her lost feeling life. I know I would feel the same way if I was to lose a child.

I thought that might has something to do with things too. I had worked for that son and her younger one. You would think that she would not have remembered me since she could not remember what I did. I had not seen her for a couple years. Been about 5 or 6 since I worked for her.

Offhand, I would attribute minor confusion/memory loss in this instance to affects of severe depression-----based on the loss of her son. If that's the case the problems could be temporary as opposed to dementia coming about from old age or other disease.

Maybe you're just not memorable.

No one forgets me. Sometimes that isn't a good thing. :D

I have people all the time, speak and call me by name and I don't have a clue who they are. I always figured that getting new flooring was a memorable event for them and for me it's just another day at work. Although I can drive through the streets here and point out the houses I have worked in, I have trouble remembering the customers. Of course, there are exceptions. The people I have worked for several times, I remember.

Latest posts

Back