Sagging section of flooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bstreyle

I installed Bamboo hardwood floors and one section when you walk on it makes it sag down maybe 1/8”. It’s an area maybe 8” x 6”. I must not of realized that there was a dip in the underpayment before installing. I know the answer is to remove all the flooring up to and including the bad section and fill in with a leveling compound and reinstall the flooring. What I’m wondering, is there someway to inject something under the flooring like at a seam which will take up the space. Just asking in case there is a way without removing the flooring. I’m just a DIYer.

Thanks,
Bruce

I’ve seen it done unsuccessfully but I’ve also heard of people having some success with injecting great stuff. Even then I don’t think it was a success, just better than the dips that they had before. Take the floor up and do it right. Maybe you can feather out the dip with multiple layers of 15# or 30# roofing felt as opposed to having to mix up some floor patch.

Latest posts

Back