Saltillo

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC

Hello.
I have a 300 sf area that has a manufactured pre-sealed saltillo tile. When we bought the home, the floor was badly scratched all over from the previous owner. Instead of removing the tile, we hired a company to repair and colorize the worse areas then reseal. The floor isnt one color, it has light green and different shades of orange.They did a great job and the floor turned out well. We have another area in our home that has authentic saltillo tile. It was also badly scratched and the same company repaired and colorized that floor as well. That floor is more of one solid color and looks great. I have had to repair areas of the authentic saltillo over time. I bought a can of floor stain/paint and had the store match the color to a piece of the tile that was removed. The color matches perfectly. When I do a patch I use a cloth to paint, then use a sealer after it dries. This does a great job on any repairs.
My question.
Would it be okay to mask off the grout lines for the presealed floor, then paint and seal the floor using the stain/paint that I use for the other floor?
I dont mind the multicolored effect of the presealed floor, but it would be great if both floors looked the same.
Ive received a bid to remove, reinstall and color match with authentic saltillo. The cost is ridiculous, let alone the mess and inconvenience seeing how we would live in the home while the work would be done.
Dumb idea?

Latest posts

Back