Sanding seams

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here's some pics anyway. Definitely an oldie. Looks like it can do 110 or 220. There's an adapter plug end in the box with it?
PXL_20220802_115007181.jpgPXL_20220802_115021459.jpgPXL_20220802_115015777.jpg

That looks like an oldie but if you took the time and cleaned it up and got it goin, it will definitely save you some time.

I was thinking the same thing. As long as I have it dug out I might just do that and work it into my day to day. I feel like it will be impossible to find a home on my van for it though....... I need a bigger damn van!

Ditto on a long hose. I’ve also got a 20’ hose I ordered from Amazon and another 10’ hose I’ll hook on to that when I really want some workin space like when I got my vac hooked up to my buffer. Gives you room to room while you’re working.

Other than that the 20’ hose pisses me off until the next time I’m glad I have a 20’ hose.
What brand hose or hoses did you get and how bendable/pliable are they?
I've never had a long hose. I keep gorilla taping sections together. By doing so, every 6 or 7 feet, the hose has a built in swivel which helps when unrolling or coiling it up.

Thanks for the offer but I'm essentially done with physical flooring work........99%.

Woulda definitely been interested before I blew out my knee and retired from the union. Whatever second career I decide on it will not involve operating an edger-------not really my choice.
My next career wouldn't involve physical work either, but it would need to include regular prepaid fuel fillups at a local station..... Meaning someone pays for my fuel. Jeese, fillups suck.

What brand hose or hoses did you get and how bendable/pliable are they?
I've never had a long hose. I keep gorilla taping sections together. By doing so, every 6 or 7 feet, the hose has a built in swivel which helps when unrolling or coiling it up.

Workshop from Amazon. It’s a 2 1/2” hose so screws n nails don’t get stuck. It’s just like the hose that comes with the vac but longer.

https://www.amazon.com/WORKSHOP-Wet-Dry-Accessories-WS25022A/dp/B019C23JIQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=LJP604CMH47T&keywords=20’+shop+vac+hose&qid=1659698243&sprefix=20+shop+vac+hose%2Caps%2C150&sr=8-3

My next career wouldn't involve physical work either, but it would need to include regular prepaid fuel fillups at a local station..... Meaning someone pays for my fuel. Jeese, fillups suck.
In my experience the blue collar labor force doesn't understand tax laws sufficiently to organize their thoughts around the paycheck/benefits/expense reimbursement. It's easy to confuse and misunderstand the distinctions. Think about it. We're on our knees in a hailstorm of dust, stupidity and aggravation. The white collar counterpart to our negotiations is in an air conditioned office, sitting at a desk in a comfy chair with a hot secretary bringing him coffee.

Yes, I know that's a silly vision but it's not that far from the truth. The "boss(es)" win because their job is to sit back patiently and scheme. Our job is to crawl and sweat AND HURRY UP!!

They generally win..............especially in the long run.

I'm taking some time off to patiently scheme.

In my experience the blue collar labor force doesn't understand tax laws sufficiently to organize their thoughts around the paycheck/benefits/expense reimbursement. It's easy to confuse and misunderstand the distinctions. Think about it. We're on our knees in a hailstorm of dust, stupidity and aggravation. The white collar counterpart to our negotiations is in an air conditioned office, sitting at a desk in a comfy chair with a hot secretary bringing him coffee.

Yes, I know that's a silly vision but it's not that far from the truth. The "boss(es)" win because their job is to sit back patiently and scheme. Our job is to crawl and sweat AND HURRY UP!!

They generally win..............especially in the long run.

I'm taking some time off to patiently scheme.
I think White collar and blue collar simply have differently wired brains. White collars are number crunchers, have organization and analytical skills that are boring to most of us. Blue collar workers are more like "hold my beer, watch this" with highly varying levels of skill and success rates. Some blue collars have both skills but I don't think it's anywhere close to half.
Some people people are good at Jeopardy and some relate to This Old House.

I had a job years ago where I was tearing out an existing laminate floor so I could install another floating floor. The laminate we were removing was installed by the customers now, and then, deceased husband. He was an accountant. Clearly a numbers guy. Anyway this floor that he installed was 100% by the book. Floor was level, proper expansion space everywhere and dude musta used a couple cases of silicone to fill all of the expansion spaces.

The customer told us about how her husband would come home from work, as an accountant, and do a little bit each night. It maybe took him a couple weeks to a month but he got the job done and it was done well. So we’ll that that is one of the jobs I remember.

Point to all this rambling is that to us working with our hands kinda people, learning numbers can’t be any harder than an accountant learning to install their own floor. Might not come natural but it can certainly be done.

I think good accountants tend to be exact. I suppose that trait could be like an obsession and easily applied to flooring or anything else.
I worked for a doctor once.... retired. He built his "dream house" many years after retirement. He and a younger girl did all the tile work...... a lot of tile work including two large upstairs baths including the master bath which had a step down shower and a corner "garden tub" or whatever they call those now. He designed the master NR balcony railing, made of aluminum and stainless cable.
He had large passive panels on the roof for heating domestic hot water and to supply radiant heat to the tubing in the floors.
Hot water from those panels can be much hotter than what flooring can handle. He designed a water diversion or injection device that cooled water entering the flooring system. He took his idea to an engineer and was told it wouldn't work.
A week later, the engineer called him back saying it would work.
I guess it bugged the guy so much he took a second and third look at the design.
The doctor was a surgeon.....
....surprise, surprise. 😁
I don't think doctors are white collar anyway. 😉

It will simply replace something else on your van.
Yeah, I'm a little sketchy about pulling shit off my van. Every time I do I end up needing it a couple days later.... Even if it's sat for years! Same with my toolbox. There's shit in there I haven't touched in years. But the second it's gone I'll need it.
Guess that's why that bitch weighs in at almost 100 lbs. Too scared to let anything go.

Yeah, I'm a little sketchy about pulling shit off my van. Every time I do I end up needing it a couple days later.... Even if it's sat for years! Same with my toolbox. There's shit in there I haven't touched in years. But the second it's gone I'll need it.
Guess that's why that bitch weighs in at almost 100 lbs. Too scared to let anything go.

Ain’t that the truth.

Latest posts

Back