Santo Mahogany engineered hardwood

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhapka

I have a customer for whom we installed over 900sf of the above flooring some 13 years ago. The floor still looks great except for two areas were the floor has faded from direct sunlight. The floor that we installed is no longer available. The customer, not wanting to rip up over 900sf of continuous flooring, is wanting to know what her best options are to make the floor uniform again. She is wondering if she can stain the floor to make it look new again. Being a natural Santos Mahogany, I have always been told that the density of this product would cause problems for staining.
Any ideas?

Note that the wood, just like carpet will fade gradually as you get farther away from the windows. It will be most noticeable directly in front of the windows. So it may look faded in those two areas, but I bet it feathers out much farther than is obvious.
Sounds like a total resand and finish.
That said. I don't do any wood floor finishing. Sounds like she needs a wood floor refinisher with a lot of experience with this sort of issue needs to be involved in decision making.

Latest posts

Back