Scratchs in Hardwood.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s the oil in the nut that makes it work. I wonder if a pecan or a Brazil nut would work just as well. How about a jar of honey roasted peanuts or a bag of pistachios or corn nuts. Those things are likely to be in my van and I know they have some oily crap all over them cus that’s what makes all the salt and flavor stick to the nuts.

I'm sorry, but I'm not rubbin' my nuts on another guy's wood! :oops: :p :D

On a serious note,

That's pretty much what this stuff does:

Tibet Almond Stick – The Stick with Magical Powers

It's an almond oil. I've even used it to light scratches in LVP. Not perfect, but it removes the scratch whitening so that you don't notice the scratch as much.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, to get the color a little more correct I'll first use a wax color crayon out of my repair kit. The oil picks up the color and then sort of helps blend it in. The walnut is probably doing the same thing using the fatty oils that are in the nut. Pretty cool to know that though as most people would be more likely to have a walnut possibly laying around in their pantry.

It’s the oil in the nut that makes it work. I wonder if a pecan or a Brazil nut would work just as well. How about a jar of honey roasted peanuts or a bag of pistachios or corn nuts. Those things are likely to be in my van and I know they have some oily crap all over them cus that’s what makes all the salt and flavor stick to the nuts.
Use the old ones on the floor under the seat, they're softer.

Just got a new scratch kit.
4FFB96CA-90FB-4461-935A-D52389003ED9.jpeg

Ok, here’s one for you. This is a trick mark brown taught me. I laughed in his face (through the internet’s) when he told me. But damn if it doesn’t work.

As we are working we sweat and get oily. If you scratch hardwood or lvp when working on it just wipe the side of your nose to pick up the oils and wipe it over the scratch. It’s gross but it freaking works like a champ!! It’s my go to method now. As long as nobody is looking that is.

Don’t ask how he figured it out but the boy is a damn genius! Saved me many of times.

Latest posts

Back