Seamer Down Now

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulLynch

I just received my new Seamer Down yesterday (The first one in NZ)
What a great tool!
I will be doing my best to get more of these into NZ.
Every carpet installer should have one, the results are truely amazing!

I just received my new Seamer Down yesterday (The first one in NZ)
What a great tool!
I will be doing my best to get more of these into NZ.
Every carpet installer should have one, the results are truely amazing!

Im going up to Denver on the 19th of September, If there not to big I could bring a couple back for your friends Paul :D

Im going up to Denver on the 19th of September, If there not to big I could bring a couple back for your friends Paul :D

Thanks for the offer!
The box it came in is about the size of 2 shoe boxes....maybe just a little bigger....
I'm actually making enquiries into being the NZ distributor for them.
From what I've seen in one day using it, the quality of carpet seams can be improved immensely!
I can't wait to try it out on one of those textured loop carpets that are (in)famous for seaming badly.

Heres a couple of pics of what the seamer down can do.
This was a job I did where the customer was unhappy with the visibilty of the seam, yet the seam was perfect - I couldn't get it any flatter.
I went there today, re-heated the koolglide tape and ....
well, the result speaks for itself I reckon!!

seams 005.jpg

seams 006.jpg

yeah i was kinda nervous when i bought mine $200.00!(sight unseen on order) but then when i used it i knew i made a good decision!! its been about 5-6 years now and still love it:D

I always have my shop vac with me, so I made my own suckerdownnow and the vac and noise stays 20 feet away from me since I have 20 feet of hose. ;)
I just use the same wooden vented seam board that I made 15 years ago.
May not work as well as the real McCoy, but sure speeds up cooling time and one less tool to stow.

I made myself one as well. Cept mine uses ice, it's called the no noise seamer down now with beer cooler. Yup, keeps the ice cold beer right there by my side and cools the seam down like howdy.

I always have my shop vac with me, so I made my own suckerdownnow and the vac and noise stays 20 feet away from me since I have 20 feet of hose. ;)
I just use the same wooden vented seam board that I made 15 years ago.
May not work as well as the real McCoy, but sure speeds up cooling time and one less tool to stow.

yeah i use mine mainly for cooling...sure speeds it up!!!!

Yea. lol And you can use it to cool down your water when doing large SLC jobs. One for the SLC water and one for a keg. :D

Latest posts

Back