Seams popping

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
download.jpg

Check any leftover in boxes to see if they are doing the same. If so that would eliminate an installation error .
Then call your dealer for an inspection.

To add what Ernesto said, it looks like the flare is on the same side of each plank. I'd say a delamination or weak bond.
I don't see an installation error unless you used a sledge hammer on those edges.
You need a rep to look at the job. Personally, I don't see how a pro or first timer could cause that sorta thing.

It would be interesting to have someone push down on the peak of that problem spot in that same lighting so you can watch to see how much it flexes.

If there are no fracture lines from pounding on the side of the board spreading out from those locations, tap on the surface to see if it’s Delaminated, that would be manufacturing,

If you have it inspected, BE THERE

Finally had an inspection and the determination was that because I was using a spray Mop (Swiffer WetJet) these "Peaks" are from water damage. They are constantly on the same side of the board and most of them towards the center. Not concentrated in any one area except in the attached picture. I am calling BS on them and will fight further unless someone here says that makes sense. Anyone familiar with the wet jet knows it puts out a fine mist and then you wipe it up right away...This is Pergo outlast which is water resistant.

Bummer dude. You could ask for a second inspection. I haven't read the fine print in a pergo warranty lately. I'd check that first online. Then call them if it does not say anything about using the swiffer jet. I know I've seen plenty of damage by them. Same thing goes with those steam mops. The manufacturers of these cleaning tools say it's ok for laminate but it's not.

I had them call me years ago to go around and teach people the proper way to use the Swiffer WetJet.. I told them NO, Wood don't like water ..
And i wasn't going to blame people for there product that ruins floors ..

This reminds me of the vacuum debate. Wasn't it the Dyson that violated all the warranties? These companies sell stuff they know will ruin the flooring and don't care.

Yeah the Dyson brush was too stiff and beat the crap out of fibers.
Maybe people should file a claim against swiffer and steam mops for ruining their floors. Its documented in commercials. But would the floor manufacturer back them in court?
I may remember a manufacturer state in the warranty about what not to use certain type cleaners.
I know i always coach my clients on proper maintnence methods.

So Ernesto, You have seen this type of damage before? You would think the internet would be loaded with images of this happening. Here is the Pergo web page just for grins. The way they advertise you would think a light spray (and I do mean light) of cleaner from the swiffer would be okay.
I'm fighting on
http://info.pergo.com/outlast

So Ernesto, You have seen this type of damage before? You would think the internet would be loaded with images of this happening. Here is the Pergo web page just for grins. The way they advertise you would think a light spray (and I do mean light) of cleaner from the swiffer would be okay.
I'm fighting on
http://info.pergo.com/outlast

They didn't have that product when I was doing inspections for Pergo, so no liquids were allowed. But yes many times on topical water damage. But.... I would take them to court, small claims court, or lawyer up and take that video and report to the judge.
That said your allowed to hire your own inspector or contest the first one and ask for a second.

I'd fight them. They show it on flooring products with no distinctions as to how much spray to use.................... why or how would the typical Joe Homeowner know if he's using 2% or 50% more water (or fluid) than is safe for the flooring in question? How if you used an excessive amount of fluid would a home owner know that???
I hope all this info isn't hidden in a 5 page disclaimer from the company.
...I mean your just cleaning your floor like the commercial showed, right?
If it's not recommended for floors like yours, they should tell you! If not, then see em in court. :mad:

Couple years late but Encyclopedia Brown is here to solve the case for a quarter.

Looking at the picture I notice the damage is in the same place on the planks. That leads me to believe that box of material got damaged as opposed to being smashed with a tapping block during installation. Maybe it was bumped with a forklift at HD or maybe damaged during transport and delivery to the customers house. Don’t know but something hit the box which puts the damage in the same place on multiple planks since they’re all stacked up together (in the box). Damage during installation would be in different places on the planks because nobody is gonna coincidentally consistently damage the plank in the exact same place on multiple planks.

Damage might not have been that bad which makes it easy enough to not catch when you got your head down and your pounding floors but it’s still damaged nonetheless.

Fast forward to now, which is then, and you’ve been squirting water into a damaged joint for who knows how long and presto that’s where your inspector comes up with his answer.

If it makes you feel any better the claim woulda still most likely been denied because… you installed damaged material. That’s not a manufacturing defect and is the installers responsibility to catch that kind of stuff anyway.

Latest posts

Back