Sears humor/stupidity

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Looked at Sears website for shop vacs. Here's a description they gave about them. .............uhhhh ........what? :rolleyes:
Experience the Suctioning Power of Wet-Dry Vacs

Wet-dry vacs come in handy for all sorts of jobs, such as removing standing water from a leaky tub or piles of dust from a woodworking project. Sears carries a huge inventory of name brand wet-dry vacuums and extra attachments to improve your machine's functionality. For larger household and commercial jobs, a Craftsman 20-gallon wet-dry vac features a 6.5-horsepower motor that picks up dirt and debris with ease. Smaller 2.5-gallon Shop-Vac models works best for removing puddles of water from the floor or debris from beneath the car seats.

When it comes to interior cleaning, which vacuum works best for you? You have the choice between upright and canister vacuums, sticks and handhelds and even floor cleaners and central vacuums. If you want extreme portability, then consider a Craftsman or Dyson handheld or stick vacuum. It works well for smaller carpeted surfaces and upholstery, and upright vacuums work best for larger rooms with wall-to-wall carpeting. Choose between bagged and bagless canister vacuums, or invest in a central vacuum system that runs quietly and uses cyclonic technology to remove more dirt from your carpet.

When cleaning your carpets or bare floors, you may need to invest in stain removers and other cleaning supplies to get the job done. To remove pet stains from your carpet, use Bissell pet stain and odor cleaner before vacuuming. Use Swiffer Max cloths to sweep away dust and dirt from your bare floors. As you clean the floor, dust particles may lift into the air and land on your counters and hard surfaces. Use Clorox all-purpose cleaners and Lysol disinfecting wipes to remove the dust and kill additional germs and bacteria.

Tile, wood and carpet rip and tear over time, so you may have to perform DIY work around the house. Before you start any remodeling project, you need proper flooring tools such as tile cutters and rollers. If you install new carpet, use a Roberts carpet trimmer to cut the carpet into place. A roller helps you smooth out any bumps as you lay the carpet over the floor. Use a knee kicker to push the carpet flush against the wall, and use the stair tool to press the carpet into the edges. You can also find hundreds of designer tiling and wood flooring to install from the Sears inventory.

For standing water and large piles of dust and debris, use wet-dry vacs to remove the mess quickly and easily. You can also use the wet-dry vac in place of a standard upright vacuum. Just attach a carpet nozzle to the hose, and clean your carpet and rugs. Shop Sears for the most complete selection of name brand wet-dry vacuums and cleaning supplies for your home and business.
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/tools-wet-dry-vacs/b-1200004900

Anyone got one of them fancy schmancy rollers to remove bumps in the carpet? I thought that's what staplers were for. :D
I just found it odd that carpet installation tools and (improper) procedures were part of a description for a wet/dry vac.
................I'm thinking that maybe Google parasites made Sears insert that paragraph especially for me

Last edited:
Reminds me about how handy a couple of my helpers were years back. Like trimming in a room before I stretched it.

I've always bought my vac's from Sears. For $7 they have, had, a warranty policy that was good for a couple years if I remember right, for ANYTHING that happened to it, they would replace it free. Six months later I backed over mine:rolleyes:. They replaced it, no questions asked.

The financial experts say that Sears will soon be a memory. They are bleeding money big time.
They got away from quality.
I bought a band saw from them a few years ago for $700 that was junk.
Bought another from Grizzley that was made in China and is a much better saw. It cost $135.

Sears sold a great rechargeable tacker that used Duofast staples and was as powerful as an electric and lightweight. Then suddenly, they quit selling it and you can no longer buy parts.

I haven't bought much from Sears and I never really have, but I think their shop vacs are as good as they get for the price. I have abused my current one for years and it keeps on ticking........... tho I think it's getting close to retirement time. I've only bought the 16 gallon ones and the one I have now has a detachable motor that can be used as a blower............ it's a super feature for fogging the neighborhood as I blow dust out of the filter.

Last edited:
Sears/Kmart in my area are closing. I should say Kmart. After this next couple weeks the last 2 in my area will be closed. I think the nearest will be about 30 miles.
You go into Sears anymore and you could shoot a cannon down the aisles and never hit anyone. I think the holiday sale are about the only thing that keeps them open. Shame as I did really like their tools. Their batteries for drills and such suck. I got a bushel basket of dead ones.

Daris

Sears/Kmart in my area are closing. I should say Kmart. After this next couple weeks the last 2 in my area will be closed. I think the nearest will be about 30 miles.
You go into Sears anymore and you could shoot a cannon down the aisles and never hit anyone. I think the holiday sale are about the only thing that keeps them open. Shame as I did really like their tools. Their batteries for drills and such suck. I got a bushel basket of dead ones.

Daris

Our Kmart turned into BigK many years ago, then two years ago, it went out of business. The sold Craftsman tools. Not good for the Sears store in the mall.
We gained an Ace hardware store almost a year ago. They sell Craftsman tools and are more handy that going to the mall.

Is Sears sinking their own stores intentionally?

The store in the mall pays a fortune for the lease. When Sears stabs their franchisees in the ass by selling popular products at other local stores like Kmart and Ace............ it sure wouldn't make me want to open a Sears franchise. Sheesh, the management is stupid. Why not just shut down the Sears stores and sell the products?

The store in the mall pays a fortune for the lease. When Sears stabs their franchisees in the ass by selling popular products at other local stores like Kmart and Ace............ it sure wouldn't make me want to open a Sears franchise. Sheesh, the management is stupid. Why not just shut down the Sears stores and sell the products?[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that is the way it is headed. Craftsmen is going to be its own product independently.
I talked to our local ACE dealer about them handling the tools. He said they had to allot so many square feet to sell the product.
I was in HD here a while back to get a vac filter and noticed that they had filters that said they were interchangeable with Craftsman. So who knows maybe they will be next to take on the Craftsman line.

Daris

Back in the 90s, Craftsman had a great rechargeable tacker. 9.6 volt, compact, 4-5 hour battery life, used same staples as a Duofast electric, loved it. Fantastic on steps.
They suddenly discontinued it, no batteries, no chargers, no parts. I have a $100 paperweight.

Sears has been mismanaged for years, according to the financial experts.

They would be extinct except for the sheer luck that their real estate holdings were valued substantially higher than their debt obligations. So they were salvaged from BK-------or did they file? Now I forget.

Anyways, they had enough equity in their property and leases to make investments in their debt obligations (bonds) and stock worthwhile for a while there. But as far as the stores themselves remaining viable I don't see that around here. Like Daris said if Muslim terrorists exploded a bomb inside the stores at the peak hours they'd be lucky to take out a handful of customers and workers. Those stores are like graveyards.

The investors who came in and purchased interest in the company at distressed prices should make out OK in a liquidation-------from what I've understood of that Kmart/Sears merger or takeover scheme.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back