Securing a sander

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pghpeople

Hello, new here so not sure if this is in the right place.

I just picked up a new van and I am looking for a good way to secure my prosand in it. Last time I just strapped it to the floor but wanted to know if anyone had a better solution.

Also, does anyone use use ramps for loading and unloading their big machine?

That is what I used to do when I had a helper, I have been working alone though. My sander isn't terribly heavy at 250lb, but my back is my the most Irreplaceable part of my business. Not worth the risk so I am thinking there has to be a better way. At least for first floor jobs.

Don't think a 16in drum would move around as much as a floor sander either. Just upgraded the wheel bearing and it moves if I breathe on it. Great on the job, not so !Uch in the van.

crane to load,manufacture's instructions, mechanical engineer for the sling arrangement, riggers

Nothing wrong with strapping the big machine in while standing up. Depending on the machine... just remove the motor. It's a very quick and easy job and reduces the weight making both pieces manageable for one person to carry. The weight off the drum will keep it longer rather than having the weight bouncing around in your truck.

Latest posts

Back