Seeking a discontinued laminate - Kronotex Signal Creek "Sanibel Driftwood"

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicksail

We are searching for a discontinued product. We bought a house with Kronotex signal creek sanibel driftwood laminate floors in the kitchen, and we want to expand into the next room. Anyone have any idea if I might be able to find this and how?

Depending on the material and how long it's been discontinued you might be as well off looking for a contrasting material and using a t-molding to separate the two.
I don't know if you live in the US or not but personally I've never heard of that brand.

You’ll probably be better off just replacing the kitchen with whatever else that you like to do the next adjoining room with. Even if you found some of the exact same product you will likely have issues with the new product clicking into the existing product and flushing out perfectly.

Kronotex was 1 of 3 manufacturers of Laminate back in the day. It was a high end product but also made economy products. At Lowe’s we sold a lot of it, some was 9/16” thick. As Chris says locking mechanisms change even though surface appearance is exact.

they private labeled their products to whoever.

Thanks for the info. This particular laminate was sold at Home Depot and other places as well. We found the discontinued listing for it on the Home Depot website.

Right now it is in the kitchen and dining room and carpet in the living room. We will probably replace all floors with something that matches… I just hate to rip out a good floor… especially one where I like the look. I was hoping to get lucky and find it but I think it’s pretty doubtful.

Latest posts

Back