Servicemaster

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Any of you have any experience with them? I followed them on a job a few years ago and their work was horrible. We are having some work done, paid for by our insurance company and that is who they want to do the work. It has been my experience that insurance companies send out whoever is cheapest.

I’ve gone and done installs after they have done the demo after a flood or a fire. Real half assed work. They will rip up as much underlayment, or whatever, that they can and leave the rest. Now when I show up to do the install I end up having to demo the last 9” up to the toe kicks or scrape staples or… I’m not familiar with them doing installs but I imagine it’s about the same as their demo. To be fair and not single out service master, I find that most restoration companies are like this.

If you have the right to choose your repair shop for car repairs after an accident, is it the same for a home accident?

I’ve gone and done installs after they have done the demo after a flood or a fire. Real half assed work. They will rip up as much underlayment, or whatever, that they can and leave the rest. Now when I show up to do the install I end up having to demo the last 9” up to the toe kicks or scrape staples or… I’m not familiar with them doing installs but I imagine it’s about the same as their demo. To be fair and not single out service master, I find that most restoration companies are like this.

If you have the right to choose your repair shop for car repairs after an accident, is it the same for a home accident?
Not sure, but if they do anything wrong, they are gone.

When they show up here, most likely they will treat us as just two old people. My father was a GC and I have done it all. My wife rewired a house by herself while I was too busy working. The are going to get a surprise.

Fired Servicemaster before they got here. They only have one good rating and is from an employee. Some elderly lady said they gave her a price of $1500 to clean a bathroom carpet.

My helper was cutting white carpet around a stool and slashed his thumb. He put his hand in the stool to keep blood off the carpet. Not me, I would have just taken my chances with the carpet.

Servicemaster is a pretty good mitigation company, but so is Servpro. They both do stupid crap like go in and tear out stuff that could be dried out because of the overblown mold scare. But they're on the hook for mold mitigation if it takes off after water mitigation. As far as doing actual installs, I wouldn't trust them at all. They aren't flooring people. They aren't construction people either. They're really just high priced janitors.

i have a guy coming over who installs and repairs hardwood. He will only tear out what needs to come out and where it will be easier for him to weave it back in.

Servicemaster is a pretty good mitigation company, but so is Servpro. They both do stupid crap like go in and tear out stuff that could be dried out because of the overblown mold scare. But they're on the hook for mold mitigation if it takes off after water mitigation. As far as doing actual installs, I wouldn't trust them at all. They aren't flooring people. They aren't construction people either. They're really just high priced janitors.
Oh, my god, are you saying that black mold isn't actually "Black Mold" that black mold scare was a total scam. Remember when they were burning down brand new houses?
It's mold... it's black ...so its automatically "black mold", the nasty killer of entire civilizations. How about you just wipe it up and keep the area dry for a change.

Oh, my god, are you saying that black mold isn't actually "Black Mold" that black mold scare was a total scam. Remember when they were burning down brand new houses?
It's mold... it's black ...so its automatically "black mold", the nasty killer of entire civilizations. How about you just wipe it up and keep the area dry for a change.
That sounds like systemic racism to me.

African American mold

Latest posts

Back