Shaw Prodigy

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpoker52

I am having approximately 2000 sq/ft of lvp being installed including two stairwells. Based on product reviews and appearance I am interested in Shaw's Prodigy HDR Plus or Prodigy HDR XML Plus. The installer I am working with said they will not work with these product lines because of previous problems with the planks chipping when installing. Has anyone else experienced these issues with the Shaw Prodigy line? I was a little surprised because this is Shaw's Elite series, reviews very well, and I thought I was selecting a quality product. Thanks for your help.

https://shawfloors.com/floorte/vinyl#elite-series

No experience with that specific product but chipping corners is common with rigid core (SPC) products. You just gotta be careful when you’re installing them. Can’t handle them like an ape and toss the planks around willy nilly. Kneeling on the corners will break them. Carelessly scoring and snapping them will chip corners as well. Fitness and attention to what the hell you’re doing is the name of the game. Find another installer because it sounds like the one you have is careless. Smart enough to identify he has a problem but not smart enough to find a solution to the problem.

mately 2000 sq/ft of lvp being inst
No experience with that specific product but chipping corners is common with rigid core (SPC) products. You just gotta be careful when you’re installing them. Can’t handle them like an ape and toss the planks around willy nilly. Kneeling on the corners will break them. Carelessly scoring and snapping them will chip corners as well. Fitness and attention to what the hell you’re doing is the name of the game. Find another installer because it sounds like the one you have is careless. Smart enough to identify he has a problem but not smart enough to find a solution to the problem.
Thanks for your response and confirming pretty much what I was thinking. I'll move on to a different company that will be will to install the floor I want, even if requires a little more care.

Latest posts

Back