Silver Explorer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have 6 docks around the bay for loading wood chips and logs, so it baffled me to see a cruise ship in port at a log loading dock. Makes me wonder what the cruise passengers thought when they arrived at this less than pristine location.

Last edited:
If you have to ask, You can't afford it .. :D
Sheesh, I have to ask everything. The first course on their journey wasn't ll that outrageous for a nice place.
....was it?
upload_2018-9-12_19-12-44.png

That is my kind of cruise Hi. Looks pretty pricey though.

hav we haven't been with Silverseas as we like Seabourn which is similar
Don't forget everything is included up front unlike most cruise lines who even charge for a bottle of water once you are onboard so those prices aren't too bad when all is considered. With Seabourn all one has to pay for are the shore excursions as the tips, hotel charges, flash restaurants, drinks etc are the advertised price
With the larger cruise ships they are too large to pull into a normal wharf. The largest we have been on is MSC Fantasia with 4000 passengers. Seabourn 400 passengers. We have been into some ports where one isn't allowed to walk through the wharf area as its a working port. Some times areas are roped off, others they have buses to take you to the road

Jon, I figured the ship that came here was like a lifeboat to you. :D
This was the first cruise ship to ever come here. We aren't set up for passenger vessels ..........except for golfers. They're an odd bunch. :D

Silverseas ships are about the same size as Seabourns 400 to 600 passengers
We have one ship which comes into Auckland Oviation of the Seas? which is too large to tie up to our wharves. By the time the last passenger tenders ashore to have a look around Auckland for the day sightseeing its time to turn around and get back on that tender back to the ship as the day is over
Too many passengers for our liking

Last edited:
Jon, I figured the ship that came here was like a lifeboat to you. :D
This was the first cruise ship to ever come here. We aren't set up for passenger vessels ..........except for golfers. They're an odd bunch. :D
I represent that, I mean resent that .. :D

Jon, we are "sailing" the Seine River about 35 miles in a week, so you can say this really isn't sailing. It really is a floating hotel room, that has the ability to change views every day. Here is the itinerary.
2018_Paris_and_Heart_of_Normandy_956x690v2_tcm21-78004.jpg

Explore Giverny and visit the beautiful gardens and charming farmhouse where impressionist painter Claude Monet lived and worked, the setting that inspired many of his masterpieces. Trace the footsteps of Joan of Arc in Rouen. Walk hallowed ground at Normandy’s American Military Cemetery and World War II beaches. Savor Normandy cuisine, and visit a farm where these delicacies are made. This 8-day cruise along the Seine River celebrates history, art, food, customs and all things Français in the country’s most dazzling urbane and pastoral settings.

Next year, we have decided to take this 13 day cruise as our next cruise.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/ocean...editerranean/mediterranean-odyssey/index.html
2019_Mediterranean_Odyssey_956x690_v2_tcm13-118795.jpg

Sound good hav but you should have done the whole river :)
Europe is really old as compared to a young country like NZ Neat old castles on top of big hills which makes one wonder who they built them without helicopters to take everything up there
Viking is meant to be very good. My TA is pushing Viking

We are doing the 4 day pre-cruise trip into Paris. I wanted to take the Chunnel into Cambridge, England to visit the remains of my uncle, who was shot down in WWII, but mama outvoted me to take a train to see the exterior of Monet Gardens one day, visit the Louve and see Mona Lisa on another day, go through the Paris Underground the third day, and go tour a castle on day 4.

Latest posts

Back