Sliding Door threshold Finishing

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deeber

I am preparing to lay LVP in my basement. I have Dricore subfloor down and ready to get started on floor. We have a sliding door basement walkout (see pic). I am wondering the best way to finish this threshold with the LVP? Is there a recommended approach in regards to using a proper moulding (eg. Stairnose) or is it simply gluing pieces to the riser and tread? FYI, I notice this threshold sweats a little in the winter when cold out. May not matter with LvP... Thanks.

Attachments

• 20210416_125003.jpg
    20210416_125003.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 116
Boxing does leave a clean look but it could be a toe popper if someone hits it wrong. That 45 will be a crisp point. With wood you could easily round over the edge or ease it with your palm sander. A stair nose is an acceptable easy out for this situation.

Lay the floor, install the riser tight to the floor for a clean look then install the top with a stair nose.

Or you could get some wood and box it out with that. Then you could ease the edge and stain It to match your LVP.

Been there many a time. I used to carry a couple 1x’s & 2x’s in my van for a situation that I needed to make a reducer. Having to do the job, wait for a stair nose to be ordered then going back to complete the job bothered me.
I have literally ripped parts off the shelving in my van to repair and build things for jobs. I feel you man lol

Thanks for the feedback guys. I do have matching stair nose coming for the stairs so I will be able to try both methods and see which looks best (or should I say which the wife prefers...😀).

Latest posts

Back