Smell some S-761 seam sealer

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.........no glue sniffers around here??? I thought you were all flooring installers. :D
Only older installers need to sniff. Younger pups wouldn't have a clue. ;)

interflex?
Bingo, we have a winner. S670 You must be older than I thought. :D
In another topic I was looking to do a repair on some Solarian supreme or Designer II Solarian. I was looking for an adhesive that stuck well. S288 'sorta' worked, but you could peel the Designer material free from it with a steady pull.
I did a test with the 761 seam sealer and it stuck like... like... like, the original Armstrong interflex adhesive 670.
Tho not the usual way I do things.......... it smells like the same stuff, so it ought to work. :D
I just bought a fresh bottle of the seam sealer and I noticed the smell. I immediately thought of S670. That's why I decided to do a test on a remnant of the Designer II. I think that the sealer is about same consistency as the 670 too.

It's funny how certain smells can instantly trigger a memory. I'd recall the old version (1970's) Henry 356 too. Totally different than later versions.

Last edited:
Bingo, we have a winner. S670 You must be older than I thought. :D
In another topic I was looking to do a repair on some Solarian supreme or Designer II Solarian. I was looking for an adhesive that stuck well. S288 'sorta' worked, but you could peel the Designer material free from it with a steady pull.
I did a test with the 761 seam sealer and it stuck like... like... like, the original Armstrong interflex adhesive 670.
Tho not the usual way I do things.......... it smells like the same stuff, so it ought to work. :D
I just bought a fresh bottle of the seam sealer and I noticed the smell. I immediately thought of S670. That's why I decided to do a test on a remnant of the Designer II. I think that the sealer is about same consistency as the 670 too.

It's funny how certain smells can instantly trigger a memory. I'd recall the old version (1970's) Henry 356 too. Totally different than later versions.

Did you miss where I told you somewhere that the Arnstrong training guy told us that the new seam sealer is just the old Interflex glue?

I barely used that older glue a half a dozen times, if that, 30+ years ago so I have no recollection of any smell.

Did you miss where I told you somewhere that the Arnstrong training guy told us that the new seam sealer is just the old Interflex glue?

I barely used that older glue a half a dozen times, if that, 30+ years ago so I have no recollection of any smell.

It went way over my head... :eek: I was overly intrigued by that old installation manual. I recall clicking on the link you posted and it wouldn't load for me....... still won't.
Much appreciated for the followup.

It went way over my head... :eek: I was overly intrigued by that old installation manual. I recall clicking on the link you posted and it wouldn't load for me....... still won't.
Much appreciated for the followup.

It's just the link to the Armstrong Seam Sealer at Home Depot online.

The guys at the school said he wasn't supposed to acknowledge that but some of us might recognize it (by the smell) as the old Interflex glue.

Last edited:
You should have pulled coats on the lanes . Guys use to pass out and fall in the finish. We just bring them outside for a few minutes, then back to work .

Latest posts

Back