Snow? No way............. waaay!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Weird weather today. Gusty and windy and 44 for a high temp today. Not unusual for the coast. Airport had a 50mph gust and wind was 15 to 25 all day...... still nothing to write home about. We get wind and rain a lot.
9pm and the temp was 46.4 and an hour later it dropped 10 degrees to 36.3 ..........that's unusual.
It was pouring rain at a 1/4 inch per hour rate. That's wet.

An hour later we were at 31.5 and when I went outside to see 1 1/2 inches of snow. :eek: Weatherman didn't say we were supposed to get snow. He also didn't say I'd have over 4 inches on my truck at 1AM. :eek: We haven't had this much snow for a few years, maybe six or more.

Did I hear sompin about a heat wave on the east coast?

That was a blustery system. We had a hard rain all night, then this morning I looked out and had the snow you're talking about. But...we're suppose to get it.:)

When you was a kid and that happened, it was the best day of the year.

That was a blustery system. We had a hard rain all night, then this morning I looked out and had the snow you're talking about. But...we're suppose to get it.:)

When you was a kid and that happened, it was the best day of the year.

"supposed to get it"
as in hammered or just more snow? It's almost up to 38 degrees now. It never got below 32.4 It's wet and heavy, perfect for snowballs that hurt. :D Not gonna do that tho cause I might damage my throwin arm .......or fall down, or get my fingers all wet and cold. :eek:
I should probably go out and see if all the roads are clear so I can see the 'pretty' before it melts off.

"Suppose to" in that we're @ 3300 feet, not at sea level. Had 18 inches last weekend. That's the most all winter. Kinda weird.
I'll bet traveling around your neck of the woods this morning was quite eventful. I don't imagine too many folks have mud&snows on there. :eek: It'll be gone before you know it, but not before there's a few dented fenders here and there.

"Suppose to" in that we're @ 3300 feet, not at sea level. Had 18 inches last weekend. That's the most all winter. Kinda weird.
I'll bet traveling around your neck of the woods this morning was quite eventful. I don't imagine too many folks have mud&snows on there. :eek: It'll be gone before you know it, but not before there's a few dented fenders here and there.

It's about 40 degrees, so I bet the roads are pretty clear..... sun is actually coming out now, tho probably momentary.
Not sure about the dented fender around town, but lookin at the Oregon Tripcheck map, there have been a lot of red boxes on the highway indicating "issues" of one kind or another.

Here's one at Port Orford last night. Hard to make out, but with such high winds, why to truck drivers think they are smarter than the weather dudes?
Looks like it was empty and headin south........ in the north lane. :D
Look at the temperature........ a few hours later it was snowin pigs and monkeys up here.

PortOrford_pid509 truck on side 3 12 12.jpg

Jon, just so ya know I wasn't kidding. It was snowin so hard I though the world was comming to an end. :D

P1010001 dOO DOO DOO LOOKIN OUT MY BACK YARD 600.jpg

P1010002 Newtomepickup 600.jpg

Last edited:
Was 85° F here today. I've seen a foot of snow on the dogwood blooms before and it wouldn't suprise me one bit to see it again. This year could be the perfect set-up for it.

Latest posts

Back