soundproofing

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sicopatico

We bought a top floor apartment in BC a year ago and we are looking at updating the old carpet to laminate. The building is about 40 years old so the soundproofing isnt the greatest between floors.
Me and the wife found some 12mm quickstyle laminate (Link to the flooring) we really like which includes the 2mm pad attached.

we are wondering on the best solution for soundproofing at this point? I have emailed quickstyle to get the STC and IIC rating of the pad though as it is pre-attached i highly doubt it will be very high. I have heard of putting down a cork underlay first helps though would this interfere with the attached pad or is there another solution that you would guys would recommend?

thanks for any help you guys can give on this.

The cork underlayment that get glued down is fairly thick and dense and works wonders with sound. I think you would be fine to install a laminate with pad attached over it. I would not install it over cork that isn't glued down though. That's going to be thinner and wont yield the same result.

Latest posts

Back