Speed test .net

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried mine

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 20 ms

Server: Auckland

Your Internet speed is fast

Your Internet connection should be able to handle multiple devices streaming HD videos at the same time.

Well I'll make even the slowest of you feel better. Mine is 6.6 and 1.1.:confused: Any way of improving this?

Sorry Darol, Ping 80, 1.43 down, 0.07 up. These numbers are almost unheard of for me. Centurylink says the bandwidth in my area is exhausted. New customers in the area can't even subscribe. My 1.5MB/256K is almost like dialup used to be with all the weighted ads we have today.

The crooks have been getting $60M a year, for the last several years, from the govt to improve rural area service and haven't done squat for us. "Supposedly" we are on the list to get fiber this year, but it hasn't been scheduled yet.

Last edited:
I am on fiber. Well, I'm about 100 feet from where it goes by my house. Would it be faster if they came across the road to my house with it? I'm sure that 100 feet is plain ol phone line.

Call your ISP Darol.. If you are on Fiber Optic you should be up in the 50's at least .. If you are paying for FO you should be getting it ..

There should be a FO line on the pole up to your house,and into it ..

Scam is they don't have FO jacks to your computer ..

The link in your first post... I get "could not connect to the internet" when I try to do a speed test. LOL.
So I used speedtest. It connected to comcast in Houston (Houston is about 4 hours away from me).
Ping 634ms
DL 10.70Mbps
UL 0.56Mbps

On Alvin ISD I got
Ping 630
DL 14.9Mbps
UL 0.81Mbps

I'm supposed to get about 12Mbps down and 3Mbps up.

Not to worry , We'll get the issue fixed ..
I asked you to post it in the tech forum because there will be other posts about other things .. Makes it hard to read the logs in between other posts ..

Latest posts

Back