Spongy spot

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker45

I am laying about 1600 sq ft laminate on concrete basement floor I found a place maybe a sq ft that feels spongy and can see the laminate flexing when stepping on it is there anything to do for this spot I can remove planks back to this spot. Also some of my expansion joints tightened up against wall will this become a problem .

didn't actually measure all seemed level out of the 1600 sq ft 1 sq ft isn't bad. It isn't that bad it is just in a place where you walk all the time, didn't know if you can put something under to stiffen it up or not

walker45 said:
didn't actually measure all seemed level out of the 1600 sq ft 1 sq ft isn't bad. It isn't that bad it is just in a place where you walk all the time, didn't know if you can put something under to stiffen it up or not

Play sand.

Also regarding the popup of the seam, could the laminate take on to much moisture making it swell, iknow some are not designed for long runs because of each plank can swell by a 1/8

Latest posts

Back