Stair Bullnose Molding Code

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

USAMarkD

I want to install laminate flooring on my stairs. I have the matching bullnose stair molding. In Florida, code states there should be a .75" to 1.25" overhang. Is that a big deal? It seems that if I install the molding the way the manufacturer says, the molding is really only going to stick out about .5" from the riser face. I guess I can always shift the molding toward the front edge of the tread a bit but that seems like it could weaken the bullnose molding making it even more dangerous. Thoughts of anyone experienced with this? Planning to sell in a couple of years so I don't want to have to re-do anything. Thanks in advance!

I’ve never had to worry about inspections when I’ve done LVP. If you’re worried about it you can get a different stair nose piece that is meant to cover a full thickness stair nose or stair tread so that you can maintain the overhang that is required by code. Versa Edge has a profile that will work for that situation.

Latest posts

Back