stapling engineered flooring question

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jocasio

Hey experts:

I am in the process of stapling down engineered flooring. Everything is going smoothly, but I've come to a crossroad or sorts. I am at the opposite side of the hallway from where I began and I find that my stapler does not allow me to staple at an angle due to the close proximity of the opposite wall. I have approx. 2 and 1/4 rows to go. How should I secure these rows? Should I face nail the 2 1/4 rows? Should I lay the 2 rows loose and face nail the last 1/4 row?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I use I finish gun, nailing thru the tongue just as the stapler, then I use adhesive for the last 12".

Thanks for the replies. I tried to use a finish nailer, but that didn't work. I'm laying 3/8" engineered flooring. ANy other thoughts?

Thanks for the replies. I tried to use a finish nailer, but that didn't work. I'm laying 3/8" engineered flooring. ANy other thoughts?

It may take some manipulation of the finish nailers point of contact. But that would be a saftey violation we cannot divuldge here to DIY people.

jocasio said:

I've filed mine to a point. But u can glue the T&g if you want.

Wait a minute. Why didnt the finish nailer work? What exactly do you mean by that? I usually angle my finish nailer for the last couple rows and then face nail the last. Just make sure your using nails that are short enough to go through the flooring and substrate without having 2 inches of nail sticking throught the bottom, lol.

FloorMaven:

Gluing the t&g sounds like a great idea. What you do mean by 'I've filed mine to a point'?

Ken: When I tried to angle the finish nailer, it still embedded the nail to much and crushed the tongue. I tried a couple. Unfortunately, it seems I cannot angle the nailer enough to get it to go in at the proper angle (because of the the wall). I've actually resorted to top nailing and then going and filling in the holes with a Minwax pencil. It actually looks great, but I was wondering what others did in this situation. I may try the finish nailer again, but it seems hopeless.

Perhaps someone else has another idea? I'm working on my master br now, and working a couple hours a night. It's going too slow :(

Try adjusting the depth on the nailer, holding it at a solid 45 degrees and use 1 1/4" 16 gauge nails, works every time. If it is still too much, turn the pressure down on the compressor

Latest posts

Back