Steam cleaning

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Do those steam cleaning companies still send out students with little or no instructions to clean carpet? I remember, back in the day, seeing some that shrunk so bad from cleaning that they pulled off and short of the tack strip. I remember some that were really brittle after cleaning too.

Back in the day when steam cleaning first came out I made good money putting the carpet back on the strip and removing the bubbles it caused. I haven't done any cleaning repairs in years. I even have my own machine which hasn't been used in maybe 5 or 6 years as all my carpet is new and there is just me, the wife, and the dog. But it probably needs done. Pricey carpet and I don't wnat to take out the stain retarders.

Back in the day when steam cleaning first came out I made good money putting the carpet back on the strip and removing the bubbles it caused. I haven't done any cleaning repairs in years. I even have my own machine which hasn't been used in maybe 5 or 6 years as all my carpet is new and there is just me, the wife, and the dog. But it probably needs done. Pricey carpet and I don't wnat to take out the stain retarders.
So you're telling us you voided the warranty by not cleaning it every year even though it wasn't dirty? 😁

Latest posts

Back