Strange sheet vinyl patterns

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zannej

I saw a sheet vinyl pattern that looks like diamond plated steel stuff and thought it was funny. It made me wonder about what other crazy patterns are out there.

So, what is the craziest pattern you've seen?

(This is basically just a thread for fun and sharing pics of weird vinyl sheet).

Here's the one I saw on Home Depot. I think it was HDX diamond metallic silver plate or something like that. Can't remember the exact name.
tumblr_o31viiAqnC1v67tnvo1_400.jpg

Looks like "radial" rubber tile to me. I know Lonseal makes some vinyl with various metallic textures and colors-----simulated diamond plate and simulated radial rubber looks.I installed some in a Farmer's Insurance on Wilshire in their cafeteria lobby and mantenance corridors about 10 years ago.

Last edited:
Looks like "radial" rubber tile to me. I know Lonseal makes some vinyl with various metallic textures and colors-----simulated diamond plate and simulated radial rubber looks.I installed some in a Farmer's Insurance on Wilshire in their cafeteria lobby and mantenance corridors about 10 years ago.

Cool. The description for it said it was the diamond plate. I'm not familiar with the distinction between the different metal textures. I just thought it looked weird and neat.

Can't imagine seaming a vinyl with that pattern.

I dont think we could do anything special to "match" the pattern. It ran off on the side match and there was nothing perfect about where you cut the seam if I recall correctly and you just had to make the best of it. That was true of both the radial dot/rubber look and the diamond plate look patterns. It had a very shiny metallic look. They liked it. I din't love it so much.

I wish there was a Costco in my state.
Havasu, your garage floor turned out beautiful!

Thanks. it is very monochromatic, which is not my first choice, but having that tinted primer for the walls gave it a very thick coating.

It is amazing to see the color changes in the epoxy as it dries. With my pic, you can easily see what square was done first.

Latest posts

Back