Subfloor difference due to addition, how to fix?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllenEL

My house has had addition built to it 20 years ago and hallway has a hump in the floor. I am looking for best solution how to even it out. Of course I can always put carpet but am hoping not to as I do not like carpets.
The difference in floors just under an inch. Hallway itself is 20' x 3 ft and connects multiple rooms including open floor LRDR and kitchen. So simply adding more plywood in old part will influnce a lot of floor difference in other parts of the house.
I am planning to instal Kahrs floating floor in all bedrooms and LR DR , kitchen.
My kitchen cabinets being delivered and I really have to figure out height of the floors so I do not mess kitchen instal. Couple of kitchen cabinets are goingnto the ceiling so I am really in trouble if I did make mistake.
Old part of the house is OSB 3/4" and new part plywood.
I am hoping to install over OSB as there is current laminate flooring over LR DR kitchen which successfully stayed there for 30 years.
20210711_123528.jpg
20210711_123532.jpg
20210711_123739.jpg
20210709_143806.jpg

Yes, rest of it are in rooms/walls so I guess more stable or less noticeable.
Am not sure I understand, it will require lifting up current plywood piece of hallway, cutting what is under to the difference and reinstalling plywood back?
Additionally now that I think of it while sticky tiles seems to come off reasonably easy not sure what to do with residue on OSB? Thankfully it is only in hallway.

Yeah, that is what I mean. Depending on where it falls it is usually the best/only option.

There aren't a lot of cost friendly or height friendly options available. If you can't fix it at the joists, it just gets ugly.

Thank you!
It needs to be investigated then. I am not sure if it will look good but I was thinking of putting some form of transition/ reducer piece in between and pretending it was design all alone?

Latest posts

Back